Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Breakfast

The most important meal of the day?

CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
11 days ago
What's yours?
leogirl
leogirl Female
11 days ago
my " Warm or cooked" meal , usually eaten around 6 in the evening or at lunch time. Always plenty of  fresh vegetables and a variety of it .  Breakfast is either a slice of toast and  egg or jam,  or serial .
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
11 days ago
Usually gf oats with coconut or goat yogurt.
Sometimes I throw in fruit, but not always.
Sunday was a fruit day because my granddaughters were here and one of them likes a big bowl of fruit with yogurt.
I like an occasional cooked breakfast, usually when I'm on holiday. Considering going out for one this Friday.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
11 days ago
Cereal around 6.30am to start me off. Usually a bowl of Cornflakes and an hour's reading. A real breakfast often full English during the mid morning.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
11 days ago
Two breakfasts png?!
Samx
Samx Male
11 days ago
It varies according to my mood and the time I eat it.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
11 days ago
Lots of coffee, orange juice, toast and apricot jam, if on the rare occasion I want a cooked breakfast I have porridge, made with water, a pinch of salt with a splash of cold milk on top. If I have a big breakfast then I'm sluggish and feel hungover for the rest of the day.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
11 days ago
Coffee, I don't have the same thing for breakfast every day, sometimes I don't have it at all. Just coffee.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
11 days ago
GOW. I don't count the cereal as a breakfast more of an early snack before breakfast lol. I get up at 6.30 and like to read or listen to music for an hour or so. A bowl of cereal with ice cold milk helps me start the day.
Molly
Molly Female
11 days ago
I like yoghurt with chopped banana.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
11 days ago
Ah, the luxury of time png.
I get up at 4.45 / 5.30 / 6.00 / 7.00 - and run around before scooting out the door at 6.00 / 6.45 / 7.30, oh and a lazy 9.45 on my late day.
If I wake early on a day off, I enjoy that slow time to read or drink tea.
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
11 days ago
Busy busy lady.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
10 days ago
I nearly always eat quite a bit in the mornings.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
10 days ago
I think it's bad for ones body clock to have to wake different times on different days.
That's one of the reasons I can't wait to cut back.
We've already been up at 4.15 because pup wanted to go out - and I thought it was morning.
We're both being lazy now though.
What to have for breakfast?
Porridge?
:-)
tsunamiwarrior
tsunamiwarrior Male
9 days ago
If I cut down to one major meal a day in would be a substantial breakfast about 11am.
Geone
Geone Male
9 days ago
Rice Krispies and Shreddies or All Bran with cold Soya Milk..
Sea
Sea Female
9 days ago
i neevr miss breakfast and tend to have it any time between 7 and 8.,30. It depends if doing jobs around the house first etc.. This morning I had a mug of hot honey and lemon, with fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of ginger and turmeric. Then a bowl of fresh fruit musli. Today it was a combination of chopped up apple, pear, banana. mango and grapes, with jumbo oats and natural yogurt, all mixed up together with small teaspoon of honey and a sprinle of cinnamon. I then sprinkle chopped up nuts and seeds on top. Fruit I use varies depending what is in season etc. I find this filling and a nice way to start the day.
Zealous_Zack
Zealous_Zack Male
7 days ago
Depending on my schedules I sometimes eat a substantial breakfast around the middle of the day as a main meal.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
6 days ago
I spotted this thread and now I'm feeling hungry.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 days ago
Orange juice and pancakes today... early one for me...
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
3 days ago
I'm eating breakfast now and Bertie has had his and is running around the garden hoping to be taken for a walk. I'm eating poached egg on toast.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
10 hours ago
I can take it or leave it. I tend to eat whenever I'm hungry.
eurostar
eurostar Female
9 hours ago
Coffee before leaving house, then bacon butty at work lol

Help with conversations