Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Man "murdered" in "mobility scooter robbery" at Tesco car park as woman arrested

CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
13 days ago
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man in his 60s died following the suspected robbery of his mobility scooter, Gloucestershire Police said.

The man found unresponsive in the car park of Tesco superstore in Stroud on Sunday morning.

He was found without his mobility scooter, which he was known to use for getting around, with detectives now believing he was robbed and left for dead.

An ambulance crew rushed the man, who police have not yet named, to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital but sadly died later in the day.

Is nobody safe?
CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
13 days ago
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-held-murder-over-death-29030439
Samx
Samx Male
13 days ago
Now that we are living in a multiple crisis, crime will spike. Criminals have no pity in attacking anyone, from youngsters (killing others) to OAPs.
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
13 days ago
Criminals have never show much pity other than to themselves when caught.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
This person had been charged with murder previously.
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
13 days ago
Not good.
Samx
Samx Male
13 days ago
If this is the case, why is she free and not in prison for life, G–O–W?
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
13 days ago
According to the latest news about this incident a woman from Stroud has been arrested on suspicion or murder and robbery and remains in police custody.

No mention of anything previous by the woman arrested!

Andy Mac
Greencare
Greencare Female
12 days ago
Robbed and left for dead over a mobility scooter.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
12 days ago
Criminals have never show much pity other than to themselves when caught.

Not accurate, Plenty of criminals show remorse and regret after the fact. There's no more information on this as yet, but I'd imagine they have to have solid evidence before they can release any more information. There might be other people involved that aren't yet known, or she might not have done it. Arrested on suspicion, doesn't necessarily mean guilty. 
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
12 days ago
Good to see someone defending the poor old criminal lol.
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
12 days ago
No one is defending any criminals, "British law says innocent until proven guilty" and yes i have to agree with pixie that some criminals do show remorse unfortunately its only usually after they have been caught and convicted but just because someone has been arrested it doesn't mean they did it!

Andy Mac
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
12 days ago
Oh CB likes to troll me... Nobody is defending anyone at all, I did point out yesterday that certain people can't read threads or understand comment properly, that's pretty clear from CB's  responses.I think you just take pleasure in twisting other people's words CB. Yes plenty of criminals show remorse, have therapy, turn to religion and try to reform. Some are actually traumatised by what they've done, and some not. Yup there is literally no information other than a woman being suspected of murder, nothing to say she did nothing to say she didn't, she could very well be guilty, or could very well be in the area at the time making her a suspect, plenty of people are brought in on suspicion of crimes for questioning and released. Police can only hold a suspect for a limited time, so if they think she's the one they need to have enough evidence to convict. They might be absolutely be certain this is the one, but if they haven't got the evidence they can't put her away. Waiting for DNA test results takes time too. 
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
12 days ago
some criminals do show remorse unfortunately its only usually after they have been caught and convicted

That was the point being made. Most criminals show remorse was they have been caught lol.
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
12 days ago
Lets be fair NoSaint, if you aint been caught you aint a criminal! lol

Andy Mac
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
12 days ago
Plenty of criminals don't get caught.
There was one recently who'd been missing for years and only got caught because he went for medical treatment.
BlackMark1
BlackMark1 Male
11 days ago
Not far from where I live an elderly lady on a mobility scooter was punched and robbed of her handbag by a young thug who ran off knowing he wouldn't be chased. Very cowardly.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
7 days ago
Not far from where I live an elderly lady on a mobility scooter was punched and robbed of her handbag by a young thug who ran off knowing he wouldn't be chased. Very cowardly.

Very often an easy target for those wanting to steal and use the money to buy drugs.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
7 days ago
My mistake from earlier in the thread. The previously convicted person was another case that I hadn't heard clearly on the radio - not this one.
Apologies!
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
7 days ago

Very often an easy target for those wanting to steal and use the money to buy drugs.

The violence to gain money to buy drugs has always been a major crime statistic.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
6 days ago
True that Andy Mac...
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
6 days ago
A 40-year-old woman who had been arrested in connection with Neil’s death is now on police bail.

Kimberley Ann Hawkins, appeared before Cheltenham Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (January 26) charged with robbery.

It is alleged that she robbed Neil Shadwick of his mobility scooter, on January 22.

Meanwhile, an investigation into Mr Shadwick’s death is ongoing.

On Wednesday (January 25), Gloucestershire police said a post-mortem examination had returned inconclusive results.

That's all I can find on this, so it appears as though that person has admitted to robbery but its not proven a murder, inconclusive post mortem,see these things sometimes of
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
6 days ago
Top post!
Top post!
So she might get away with it.  I won't be applauding. 

Help with conversations