Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Would you date someone younger than you?

If yes, by how much?

G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
Asking for a friend
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
13 days ago
Top post!
Top post!
I would, but not someone young enough for me to have changed their bum!
Templar2013
Templar2013 Male
13 days ago
Most of my dates are younger than me but not fussed either way.
asteer
asteer Female
13 days ago
My Mum was about 10 years younger than my Dad when they got married and it was a happy relationship all their lives.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
13 days ago
Age is just a number .. unless it bothers you.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
It kinda depends how either of you wear.
Majorsam
Majorsam Male
13 days ago
Absolutely.
Samx
Samx Male
13 days ago
Ditto!
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
12 days ago
Almost everyone is younger than me LOLOL
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
12 days ago
I know that feeling HOW lol.
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
12 days ago
When I was younger I preferred to date older but now I'm older I prefer to date younger.
BOYDEL
BOYDEL Male
12 days ago
Anyone older than about 45 - is older than most people.
BlackMark1
BlackMark1 Male
12 days ago
Dating someone younger would be quite natural but I'm not sure how many years before it not feeling right. Maybe ten or so.
Greencare
Greencare Female
11 days ago
I would
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
10 days ago
Are we still stuck (mostly) in the stereotype of the man being older than the woman?
I get this when say in our 20s as men (statistically) mature later.
But, when we get to our 60s upwards we start to see a lot of widows and (dare I say) some men enjoy taking on the 'elderly' role whereas most women are fighting it!
Don't throw stuff at me, I know this is a generalisation.
My friend is just wondering if she should be considering someone a 'bit' younger who can keep up with her!
[I'm gonna hide under the bed now in case I get flack - on behalf of my friend, you understand].
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
10 days ago
30 years is my limit....
tsunamiwarrior
tsunamiwarrior Male
10 days ago
I would, but not someone young enough for me to have changed their bum!

I've read that is a popular fetish.
BOYDEL
BOYDEL Male
10 days ago
"My friend is just wondering if she should be considering someone a 'bit' younger who can keep up with her!"

Across working age cohabiting couples - the female is usually 3 to 4 years younger than the male - though there are always exceptions

Older people will obvs exhibit a greater prevalence of eg mobility issues etc - at which stage they may be better to be partnered with someone who is not hyper active - unless they are seeking a carer.
Louise247
Louise247 Female
10 days ago
I think it depends on the person and the interest they have in life and what is around them.  Some people have energy and some do not, some are older and some are younger.  Its more about the person that matches your personality.  rather than their age.  
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
10 days ago
Oh yes. :)
Molly
Molly Female
9 days ago
I don't mind dating a man younger than me as long as it isn't by too many years. I don't want a toyboy.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
9 days ago
Ah, but what actually defines a toy boy?
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
6 days ago
Good question G-O-W. it is the age difference rather than the age itself so any male could be a toy boy.

Help with conversations