Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Cheese on a roast?

No thanks!

G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
An online 'storm' has occurred when a woman shared a picture of the Sunday roast her husband made - and it had grated cheese on!

I always struggled with even the idea of cauliflower cheese with a roast (cheese sauce and gravy - yuck), despite being introduced to it by my in-laws in the 1980s.
I don't do this.
I can't bring myself to do this.
But, I know this will divide the pack.
However, grated cheese?!
Surely that's the work of the devil!
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
13 days ago
I've never got the cauli-cheese with a roast thing, maybe its a north/south thing? Cheese on a roast, thats just weird.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
13 days ago
Not sure about cheese on a roast but there are ma my worse things I can think of.

On Sunday I went out with my daughter and she chose the meat-free mushroom and Stilton roast so I joined her and it was delicious.
NoneOfTheAbove
NoneOfTheAbove Male
13 days ago
It seems a bit excessive with everything else that might be going on, on your plate with a roast. But don't see the issue.  Although I'd draw the line at cottage cheese!!.    
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
13 days ago
I love cheese, so sprinkling it on most things is okay with me.
Grated cheese makes the best cheese on toast and is fab on hot chips too.....
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
13 days ago
I often eat at Italian restaurants and the waiters are always hovering with a sprinkling of cheese or black pepper lol.
leogirl
leogirl Female
13 days ago
cheese and beef  yuk,  but pork and cheese is ok. 
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
I just have visions of a full roast with grated cheese sprinkled over.
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
13 days ago
I like a roast dinner and i also like cauliflower-cheese but when i go round the carvery for a Sunday roast lunch occasionally i never pick the cauliflower-cheese and i certainly wouldn't have cheese sprinkled on my roast dinner, anybody would think it was a pizza, god, no!

Andy Mac
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
Don't get me wrong, I like cheese, this is just wrong!
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
13 days ago
png isn't most Italian food made to have parmessan and black pepper sprinkled over them?
Samx
Samx Male
13 days ago
One cannot argue over tast. So it is pointless, in my view, to argue the case either way.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
I'm canvassing opinion Sam.
It's aimed at a deep and inciteful conversation.
I am fully confident that that will happen.
;-)
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
13 days ago
Sam has spoken lol.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
13 days ago
It is wonderoushen.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
12 days ago
I often eat non-meat meals and drink non-alcoholic drinks but don't give it too much thought. There's plenty of choice around for everyone.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
12 days ago
I like parmesan.
Parmesan on my bolognaise doesn't feel quite the same as grated cheddar sprinkled over my roast chicken and sprouts.
But then, there's hunter's chicken - and that has cheese in.
Maybe we'll all be doing it one day!
Greencare
Greencare Female
12 days ago
No cheese on my roast thank you.
NoneOfTheAbove
NoneOfTheAbove Male
11 days ago
cheese and beef yuk,

So what about on a hamburger? that's beef ! cheese on that is as normal as the additions of pickles, special sauce etc.
They even give star billing to one with the addition. Cheeseburger!.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
11 days ago
No, I don't eat those.
I make my own.
I admit I have rarely put blue cheese in the middle, I'll concede that, but I rarely eat beef anymore.

Help with conversations