Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What I like about getting old.

I get fewer colds.

JustinSane
JustinSane Male
15 days ago
I think I've had every cold going.

There are other things too, like semi retirement. I could think of some others. What about you?
lindy
lindy Female
15 days ago
when folk ask what I do for a living and say I'm a young OAP  and have given up work...[shhhhh...a few are trying to pull me back into sharing my talents] and they look at me in disbelief.  and I say...look closer and look into my eyes hahahahaha
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
14 days ago
Making out I'm deaf so I can ignore people.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
14 days ago
Can we change OAP and pensioner? It conjures up a doddery person with a stick! 
Greencare
Greencare Female
14 days ago
What will we call the doddery old people with sticks?
lindy
lindy Female
14 days ago
hahahaha...doddery and a stick...yep that fits the bill atm 
Samx
Samx Male
14 days ago
If it’s not a matter of getting organised and planned? I find, since my time of ill health, I have organised my life and, under the circumstances, find myself quite happy and content. The only fly in the ointment is the loneliness, which frequently depresses me. Of course, it would be lovely to be pain-free and be able to do things, one no longer can. But that is the cross one has to bear in old-age.
NoneOfTheAbove
NoneOfTheAbove Male
14 days ago
I could think of some others. What about you?

You get 10% off at Iceland on a Tuesday. lol

In Greater London you qualify for a 60+ Oyster Card for free travel after 09:30 on weekdays & all day at weekends on the tube and buses & most national rail services within London
(to fill in the gap until you qualify for your Freedom Pass which at the moment is 65 but there are plans to link it to the later state retirement ages that are in place).

You qualify for free prescriptions.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
13 days ago
Most things seem to become free or much cheaper as I age LOLOL
Zealous_Zack
Zealous_Zack Male
13 days ago
True.
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
13 days ago
I can't think of anything I like about growing older.
NoneOfTheAbove
NoneOfTheAbove Male
11 days ago
Top post!
Top post!
Is that a condition brought about by advancing years? lol.I suppose loss of memory of it would be the silver lining.   
Molly
Molly Female
11 days ago
Very good NoneOfTheAbove.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
11 days ago
I worry how long i have left - but then I remember how long the last year has been.
About 5 year's, I think!
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
11 days ago
I don't mind my age or growing older and I find the people around me of a similar age are great fun and maybe even moreso than some of my friends from my youth. The downside is the decline in health and not being able to leap about like I used to.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
11 days ago
Oh, I can still leap about!
tsunamiwarrior
tsunamiwarrior Male
10 days ago
I like the amount of knowledge I gain each passing day. Some things can only be learned by living them.

Help with conversations