Conversation The Forum
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Can we change doing the same things every day

Every day the same

BunnyGirl
BunnyGirl Female
19 days ago
Do you find that every day of the week you always do the same things on different days week in week out?
tsunamiwarrior
tsunamiwarrior Male
19 days ago
I hadn't thought about but now I do most of those around seem to have a particular day for their tasks and leisure meets. I might be the same if it wasn't for my work which keeps my calendar disorganised.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
19 days ago
I hate strict routine drives me nuts, I live with someone who needs a certain routine so I change my ways to fit that, still drives me nuts, I like random days doing random stuff without plans. When everyday turns into groundhog day I find it very mundane and depressing.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
19 days ago
I don't have a strict routine but my life does have a routine of a sorts. It's difficult not to.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
19 days ago
*Do you find that every day of the week you always do the same things on different days week in week out?8

Perhaps a hobby would be the answer. One which took you out and about.
eurostar
eurostar Female
19 days ago
Yep get up same time, get kid to school go to work,come home cook tea,do washing,cleaning, bathe, sleep and repeat 5 days a week, oh the joy
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
19 days ago
Yes I do, much of it is self imposed, the shopping days, cooking days are mostly mid week and allow me to make a load of stuff that goes in the freezer so as I have time to do other things instead of cook, like do the garden, Fearn and I meet friends for a walk everyday at the same time, so thats a bit immoveable. I do have spontenaity in my life too, but as I'm the one who's responsible for the smooth running of the house, it is limited.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
19 days ago
If you work I don't see there's much choice. Retired and the non-workers at least have a bit more freedom to shake it up a bit.
I think most of us are creatures of habit though.....
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
19 days ago
I am about as random as it gets with most things.  I do what I want when I want.  The only day of the week that is pre-arranged is Thursdays.  I do the weekly grocery shop in the morning and then I join my craft circle after lunch for a few hours.
Samx
Samx Male
19 days ago
In order to alleviate depression, I have to have a routine by going out most days to one of my craft places, which, by definition, is repeating every week.
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
19 days ago
"Can we change doing the same things every day?
Every day the same?"

If the O.P means; Is my life organised, routine or following some structure or time constraint?

No. Not in a million years or, at least, not since someone else was my 'boss' 30 - 40 years ago.

The only routine I acknowledge is Alexa prompting me to take some meds at breakfast and then, again, just before bedtime. And, if the weather is fine, setting out my street signs for my biz on a market day twice a week. *I don't advertise in a traditional way or online. I just rely on word of mouth and the 'A' boards outside.

If the weather is too hot, too cold or just inclement, (or if the town is too busy), I don't put out my signs at all but may or may not be available for customers or visitors depending how things are or how I am feeling.

Days like Carnival Day or our weird International Hat Festival Day or Christmas Late Night Shopping Day are times when there are far too many humans about in too much of a frenzy so I tend to shut the 3 doors between the high street, passage and cottage and just sigh with relief and stay in my calm, chilled bubble.

I don't even wear a watch or carry a mobile phone on my person - not even when venturing out in the car.
-
Bottom line i, if I have the urge or inclination to go fishing, go flying my drones or just disappearing off the map for a day or two, that takes precedent over everything but, that said, I do put in a working week doing what I do; it just might mean I stay open of a warm evening an our or two later or open up on a Sunday morning to catch lazy strollers out and about of a Sunday.

Even when I am working and have the signs out, the laptops out and displayed for sale or I'm 'on duty'in some other capacity, I can just mooch about indoors or outdoors, pursue projects in the garden or in the cottage or just get on with something creative, either DIY related or maybe graphically related on the PCs ... until a potential customer pops the bubble and sets me to work proper!

So ... I'd say I didn't have much structure to my days.

Truth is, it is always very intriguing hearing the subtle chimes that warn me there is someone wandering down the passage and that's a lovely, if lazy way of alerting me that my services may be required. :-)
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
19 days ago
Work dictates quite a bit of this for me.
I used to like being spontaneous, but I'm not sure I have much recently.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
19 days ago
Work dictates quite a bit of this for me.
I used to like being spontaneous, but I'm not sure I have much recently.

The retired and the unemployed are most likely to be able to please themselves.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
19 days ago
I really enjoy spontaneity, but I'm also a planner.
It's a bit of a contradiction as you can't plan to be spontaneous!
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
19 days ago
Yes I enjoy being a home carer for the fact that I don't have to have a strict routine, strict rules and I can wear what I want to. The same with homeschooling, life more relaxed at a more relaxed pace of learning. 
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
19 days ago
I really enjoy spontaneity, but I'm also a planner.
It's a bit of a contradiction as you can't plan to be spontaneous!

But you could make a spontaneous plan lol.
BunnyGirl
BunnyGirl Female
19 days ago
Although I am retired I do things the same everyday especially in the morning as that’s my housework, shopping, washing.
I do have a son here at the moment and I do stuff around him as he gets home after 1pm Monday to Friday so I do like to finish before he gets home. I am organised anyway so the afternoons are always free. Monday he is here so no housework that day and Saturdays as that is my full day again no housework. When I do: move to my new flat and on my own I will probably do the same as I do now haha. They do coffee mornings Tuesdays and Fridays and days out in the summer which is good.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
18 days ago
We need some structure in our lives and those who have routines appear to get a lot more done.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
18 days ago
Was it Henry Ford who said “if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”. or something like that.
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
18 days ago
Henry Ford?

Yeah. And Einstein and millions of other creative types who understand the sentiment say the same thing but, if you're just one of the herd chewing the cud and never looking up to truly experience the world, (or following some drudge of a strict routine), you'll not even comprehend the wisdom of the words let alone escape from the clingy inertia they refer to.
CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
18 days ago
Sounds like you are chewing the cud this morning Beach lol.
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
18 days ago
Your mundane post comments can be even more droll than your uploaded original posts, CM, but thank you anyway. :) x
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
18 days ago
I disagree How, I get plenty done just at a time that suits.. sometim3s everything is done at home by 7.30 am. Sometimes I do things late at night, depending on the level of noise it makes, if I'm painting I concentrate better late at night and early hours.. 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
18 days ago
I disagree How, I get plenty done just at a time that suits.. sometim3s everything is done at home by 7.30 am. Sometimes I do things late at night, depending on the level of noise it makes, if I'm painting I concentrate better late at night and early hours.. 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
18 days ago
Yup I know a lot of creatives OTB that work through the night or often burn through days and days until a project is finished. Too much routine to me feels like chains. 

Help with conversations