Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Huggy thread

December Hugs

twinkle2
twinkle2 Female
2 months ago
Good morning Huggers,

It's quite grey here and likely to stay that way today. The temperature is dipping and the forecast is saying snow by the end of the week brr. At least when it snows it warms up a bit.

So what is everyone doing today? I have a present to wrap then later I'm going to my sister's for dinner - chops are on the menu.

Have a great day and wrap up warm (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
2 months ago
Good morning Twinkle and all the Sunday morning huggers,

Its a dark, cold and damp start to the day here in the West Midlands, fortunately we had some dry days during last week so i managed to waterproof my shed roof again. :)

I’m not really that keen on December because it makes me feel older (wink wink) i wonder why that could be ;-) ha ha

Having had my bloods done last Thursday in readiness for my annual review with the hospital and Dr, i had my appointment at the hospital last Tuesday and all was as fine as it could be but when i contacted my Dr’s surgery as requested they told me the bloods needed to be done again as they hadn’t had the results, they said they could see the hospital results but they weren’t the same for what they needed i said they must be as the files they use were all the same colours, so two of each, thats the qualified receptionist telling the patient who’s been having these bloods done for many years how to suck eggs, lol

Apart from that nothing else really exciting happening.

So, have a lovely day and week ahead everyone, Sunday hugs to you all :)

”(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))”

Andy Mac
Pboro Trevor
Pboro Trevor Male
2 months ago
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Yes. A definite change in temperature and the forecast for next week has some of those temperatures with a minus sign in front of them.

Off to Milton Keynes for a family meal with my daughter, her husband and my son, ad we are taking granny along as well.

Hugs to all

Trevor
leogirl
leogirl Female
2 months ago
good morning Twinkle and Andy Mac. warm Sunday Hugs from a grey, chilly Essex. {{{HUGS}}} {{{HUG}}} {{{HUG}}}

The village is VERY quiet. I believe most are still warmly snuggled up in bed even at this hour.

AndyMac , the last time I saw a doctor she was obviously so exhausted that she really had a struggle to be her professional self.   sometimes that happens, lately it happens more  .   The NHS is  wasting time, making errors  because it is understaffed.   

today I shall do as I am told by my daughter and organise  ALL my paperwork into 3 boxes.  MUST safe, NOT sure , and TROW AWAY. my daughter can be a bit ``bossy`` but she is a fantastic help to me  .   My moving OUT day has been delayed, but will be before Christmas.   No Christmas decorations , the only Christmassy thing is a beautiful Xmas coffee cup and a mince pie on it`s matching plate .

to work the extra calories off I will have a walk around the village and do a few pumping iron exercises on the village green.

tonight a few chapters of an interesting book called the Sunrise by Victoria Hislop.

Hugs to you all .

leogirl.
leogirl
leogirl Female
2 months ago
good morning Twinkle and Andy Mac. warm Sunday Hugs from a grey, chilly Essex. {{{HUGS}}} {{{HUG}}} {{{HUG}}}

The village is VERY quiet. I believe most are still warmly snuggled up in bed even at this hour.

AndyMac , the last time I saw a doctor she was obviously so exhausted that she really had a struggle to be her professional self.   sometimes that happens, lately it happens more  .   The NHS is  wasting time, making errors  because it is understaffed.   

today I shall do as I am told by my daughter and organise  ALL my paperwork into 3 boxes.  MUST safe, NOT sure , and TROW AWAY. my daughter can be a bit ``bossy`` but she is a fantastic help to me  .   My moving OUT day has been delayed, but will be before Christmas.   No Christmas decorations , the only Christmassy thing is a beautiful Xmas coffee cup and a mince pie on it`s matching plate .

to work the extra calories off I will have a walk around the village and do a few pumping iron exercises on the village green.

tonight a few chapters of an interesting book called the Sunrise by Victoria Hislop.

Hugs to you all .

leogirl.
Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
Good morning, twinkle toes and all the Sunday huggers,
The weather seems to be similar in most places these days, and it’s getting COLDER! But then again, we are in winter, and this has to be expected. Staying in today watching silly movies. Next week, there are two Christmas meals scheduled, by two different clubs.
A while back, I found some massively big fir cones, which I’m turning into Christmas trees. I also prayed some other Christmas decorations, to give to charity shops.
Big, bigger, biggest hugs to all!
twinkle2
twinkle2 Female
2 months ago
Hello AndyMacG,

It's certainly chilly outside. Those fine days do make all the difference don't they. Having worked out which is my local bus I walked into town a couple of days last week and bussed back however, I've been paying the price as my knee has been really painful :(

I'm glad your blood tests were all fine. Perhaps the hospital screens weren't showing all the results at the time as some do take longer to process.

There are a couple of men on my neighbour's roof, not sure exactly what they're doing unless it's gutter clearing but one was sweeping the roof with a handbrush and dustpan :( Possibly clearing the moss off the roof?

Have a good week Andy. Stay warm (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
twinkle2
twinkle2 Female
2 months ago
Hello Pboro Trevor,

It's going to be a chilly week ahead - brrr!

Enjoy your family meal. As my sister now has the electrician coming first thing tomorrow I have decided to stay here. I have plenty to do, including writing Christmas cards.

Have a good week and stay warm (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
twinkle2
twinkle2 Female
2 months ago
Hello Leogirl,

I don't blame people for staying in bed due to the chill. I wonder if there will be another baby boom due to the current fuel prices?

Sometimes we need someone like your daughter, assertive/positive. By focussing on a single task which hopefully is achievable it will make you feel better and more able to tackle other things. Your moving out seems to be taking far longer than I expected? There are some nice tiny Christmas trees in decorative pots in the supermarkets at the moment.

I hope you'll be wearing gloves as I think you'll need them today.

I have The Sunrise on my bookshelf but don't think I've read it yet. I've read a couple of her books and visited Spinalonga after reading The Island.

Have a productive day and a good week (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
twinkle2
twinkle2 Female
2 months ago
Hello Samx,

My house doesn't feel very warm, sometimes it's warmer outside at the moment. There's a limit to how many blankets I can put over me just to sit on the sofa :(

I've watched a couple of festive films and really enjoyed them even if some are a bit predictable. There are lots of ideas on Instagram for Christmas decorations including Christmas Trees. I saved some small cones from various trips out to use as decorations.

Have a good week and enjoy your Christmas meals. (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Keithagain
Keithagain Male
2 months ago
Hello Twinkle and all Sunday huggers

Yes, I`ve got my outside Christmas lights installed. Nothing indoors at the moment though.
I`ve got a row of solar lights, which are not very good at the moment, and a row of battery lights which both encircle the house, and 3 battery powered sets of lights round the back.
I`m still doing my walk but it`s in doubt if the weather forecast is true....

hugs hugs hugs
Sea
Sea Female
2 months ago
Good afternoon to all Sunday Huggers.
I have just over another week here in Cyprus. Am thinking I should have stayed here. Not looking forward to the cold and my extra high enrgy bills. It has been lovely and sunny here tofay. I went to a Christmas market this morening at Peyia, which was good; over 60 stalls I believe. Lots pof interesting crafts to look at. From there I walked up the hill to the Village Square and then caught bus onto Agios Georgios, where really nice and calm for snorkelling. Caught the bus again but only as far as road down to Sea Caves, where I went snorkeling again. Very picturesque there. I then walked the coast path, which is very rocky in places, all the way back to Corallia Bay, near Coral Bay.. Saw fantastic sunset before the bus back to Paphos Harbour. Seems rather a long day, especially as dark on bus back. It is still warm here though.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))
leogirl
leogirl Female
2 months ago
hello Sea,

Yes it has suddenly got a LOT colder here in Essex . I keep the heating to a minimum and have lots of layers of warm clothing on -Not unbearable, but how I envy you and my friend Nada being in Cyprus at the moment. .
Once I am in my retirement flat , the heating bills will be less than half what I pay now because this is a badly insulated house not having a cavity wall. . I hope to stay with my daughter for 4 weeks to keep the dogs and the chickens happy..
I walked to the sportfield, pretty cold and although I had gloves on , my hands were frozen.
been reading a book about that abandoned part of the once top sea resort of Famagusta . A ghost town behind barbered wire. Have you been near that part?
leogirl.

leogirl.

Help with conversations