Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Now that we are in December,

what are you doing for Christmas?

Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
Any crafting? Is your present shopping done? Have you sent all your Christmas cards? The menus planned? The relevant receipts researched? Some of the baking done?
I am going to have the laziest Christmas for decades. No baking, planning, cooking or decorating!
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
2 months ago
Are you not going to be Santa this year then Samx, in your electric sleigh, i see you have topped up the batteries with the acid you got from Lidl … I bet that was a good trip ;-) lol

Andy Mac
Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
The four ages of a man:
you believe in Father Christmas.
You don’t believe in Father Christmas.
You are Father Christmas
You look like Father Christmas.
I’m the last one!
And no, I don’t take acid!
Lidl only sells small batteries, Not powerful enough to drive my (Non-existing) sleigh!
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
I've cancelled Christmas this year, due to lack of interest.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I haven't decorated at all yet.
I don't know why my family insist on popping their clogs in late November- it really kills the mood.

I will decorate before the day because of my granddaughters. Well, when I say 'I' - it will probably be my son.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
I've been asked to volunteer to help out with the oldies Christmas dinner so I might do that but haven't decided yet. I did this a few years ago and it was a lot of fun and laughs .
BunnyGirl
BunnyGirl Female
2 months ago
Yeah me too haha
BunnyGirl
BunnyGirl Female
2 months ago
Although I probably go to the local Church for my dinner this year.
BunnyGirl
BunnyGirl Female
2 months ago
I did do dinner on Boxing Day for one of my sons and grandsons. They enjoyed it so much I told them not again. ??
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Plans are always up in the air and all over the place, so what might be a round about idea of whats going to happen could quite very easily go tits up, I'm getting back up food shop for a dinner just incase things don't go to plan. Usually we go to my moms, but she never invites us until last minute, or she just assumes were going never really asks, and then if you ask, you usually get ..I don't know if I'm doing a dinner this year so then that puts alternative back up plans on hold because nobody is sure, but if you say you aren't going then you get well your uncle is in his 90's it could be his last christmas and I've already brought the stuff now so nobody ever really knows whats going on. Drives me nuts, particularly with autistic kids who need specifics direct explanations of whats going to be happening. Too much messing around. 
Greencare
Greencare Female
2 months ago
I've a few ideas but no plans yet. I might have a quiet one with just me and the cat.
connexkev
connexkev Male
2 months ago
I haven't put the Christmas tree or decorations up yet. Usually, leave it a bit late and not sure what is happening at Christmas yet. Will go to my daughter's on Christmas Day and Boxing day.
BunnyGirl
BunnyGirl Female
2 months ago
Just to say I’m only joking ??
lindy
lindy Female
2 months ago
I was sort of cornered with my parents. "What you doing for Christmas?"  Get out of this one Lindy?  

so...I ended up agreeing to have dinner and then pa said"Stay over - we'll let you bring the dog" 

"Oh that's kind of you?" says I

"Just the one night" says pa laughing.

"Oh...and you'll have to bring your vegan stuff...yuk"

"Oh,,and I'll have to put up with your turkey crown stuff - yuk"

BUT...to see them both lighten up and now putting a few decorations up it will be worth it.  I do have an escape plan - the car!! 

In my younger years the 'rents' always had us all for Christmas and always fetched the nan's and grandads Xmas morn [well til the younger ones drove and then we fetched them and took them home]

Sitting here I am slightly saddened those days are not repeated and I know Pa is too.  He knows he may not be here next year and I know my kids will make an effort now to visit during Xmas week.  

So the table will be set and I'll be cooking a few deserts from Jamie Olivers cook book!
lindy
lindy Female
2 months ago
Sam...as for crafting I'm letting go of some of the knits and books I have.  Just to hear the groans as they open them hahahaha
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
2 months ago
I don't do a lot myself at Christmas but with eight kids plus grandkids plus great grandkids and then sundry relatives and friends it's impossible to escape.
lindy
lindy Female
2 months ago
wow  Mr Qnot sure whether to be impressed or scared by those numbers haha
Orson
Orson Male
2 months ago
Sleeping through it.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
A month ago
It's December 11th so decisions will hav to be made soon.

Help with conversations