Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

The weather ....

and the forecast.

CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
2 months ago
Today is very misty so it looks wintery out and with December arriving in a few days I'm already thinking about next summer.
Zealous_Zack
Zealous_Zack Male
2 months ago
Looking online the weather here is thick cloud and light winds. Humidity 98%. pressure 1021mb. Visibility moderate. Looking out of the window verifies the thick cloud.
Pboro Trevor
Pboro Trevor Male
2 months ago
Thick cloud all day today here in Peterborough. LED lights on most of the day.
lindy
lindy Female
2 months ago
Its misty up on them there 'ills.  Me ol' bones tell me winter is on the horizon!
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
We've been having a bit of fog too.  Was very foggy on the motorway when I came home late on Sunday night.Today it is cold, damp and grey.  My bones are feeling pretty chilled too.  It's the damp.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
Bright sunshine and a few clouds on the horizon, its colder than the last few days but I'll be glad of dry weather the "lawn" is now a muddy soup and needs to dry out.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
2 months ago
Foggy here. My lawn is long and lush but does need a cut.
Greencare
Greencare Female
2 months ago
It was foggy here this morning but it tends to hang around the Thames. It did clear a bit but it's getting foggy again now. Not good for drivers.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Pretty grim here, damp. No allotment for me today
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Pretty grim here, damp. No allotment for me today
Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
Guys and dolls, we are very close to winter. What’s your beef? We were lucky to have had such a warm autumn. Or should that be unlucky? As it seems that the climate is playing and warming up.
Greencare
Greencare Female
2 months ago
We're British Sam and like to talk about the weather. National pastime.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
lol @ Sam.  You have anecdotally been here a very long time, but even after all that time, you don't seem to have a very firm grip on the real nature of the British.  They seem to be an awfully dour lot from where you originate and have quite the international reputation for whingeing and bellyaching themselves.  Perhaps that is why you view the people here in that same light.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
2 months ago
We were luckier in Devon. A nice day with clear skies and sunshine forecast for tomorrow.
terry
terry Male
2 months ago
We've had varying amounts of fog and mist, even some bright sunshine for short periods. Hoping the next few weeks brings some snow.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
It's too dark to see much yet this morning but looking at the lights in the distance I think we have a light mist. I went out earlier and it is quite cold but not too windy.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I've bunked off work and I'm looking at the inside of the curtains.... I'll tell you later.
lindy
lindy Female
2 months ago
One Weather Brit here....sun breaking through the clouds and one Tilley and moi heading for the hills in an hour or so.  
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Likewise me and Lilybub.
Already at the top of the hill, so probably heading for the valley / village.
AlbertBertieBond
AlbertBertieBond Male
2 months ago
From my bed I can see through my window the altocumulus clouds that lay like a crocheted cloth across the sky .... soon be time to get up.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
Bright and sunny again with a few streaks of very high cloud, a walk through the dunes and down to the coast today for me and Fearn I think
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I think W'hen might win for location, but only because I'm very landlocked here.
Took Bub on a 3 mile walk.
She only met one friend, a golden lab, but had a great sniff around as some of it she hadn't covered before.
We had weak sun at one point, but it's clouded over now.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
No thanks for the snow Terry.
I have to make an unexpected trip to Devon for a funeral.
Almost exactly 5 years since doing that for Mum's funeral on 11th Dec. The snow was awful.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
Snow is ok if you are not driving. I like walking in the snow. Quite cloudy here today again.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
Looks like my long drive up to Northumberland is going to be in sleet, according to the weather forecast.  That will be nice.

Help with conversations