Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

How do you do most of your shopping?

CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
2 months ago
Online? High Street? Click and collect? EBay?
Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
At Lidl, every 10 days or so. Supplementing acid when needed in town, in various shops. I don’t trust online and and/or delivered. So as long as I’m able……
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
2 months ago
As long as you are getting your acid.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
Supplementing acid?  Gosh, Lidl sells everything nowadays.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
Lidl, Aldi, Tesco and Morrisons, I rarely buy anything thats not food.
terry
terry Male
2 months ago
How do you do most of your shopping?

Go to a shop
Zealous_Zack
Zealous_Zack Male
2 months ago
Mostly online sometimes delivered to my home or sometimes click and collect.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
Mostly online but one-off items I go to the shops.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
2 months ago
I enjoy going to the shops where I chat to friends and sometimes wander down to the coffee shop with them. Shopping can be a social event as well as practical.
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
2 months ago
I shop on line every week at the supermarket and i pop out for essentials once a week to the local shop.

Andy Mac
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
Lidl don't do deliveries or click and collect, Aldi don't deliver either. We still have so many shortages here whole shelves and sections empty that I'd still have to go out hunting for the items I need. What I don't get is why Lidl and Aldi in Holyhead seem to have to load of ranges that they dont' have in the ones in Llangefni a few miles up the road?
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
I have found with Aldi that you need to shop early in the day.  We have 3 stores in town, but by the end of a normal office lunch time, they have been almost picked clean.  I usually go about 10.00 to give them time to restock the shelves and to be there before the vultures have descended.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
2 months ago
I have had my supermarket shopping delivered for a good few years now. No problems and so far no shortages.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
With ours it dosen't matter what time you go, all the shops on the island are the same, The Menai Bridge is closed becaue its unsafe which is meaning huge queues on the Britannia Bridge at times, the weather causes problems and if theres an accident on the A55 then nobodies going anywhere much through most of North Wales. That some of the causes for the shortages, theres still supply chain issues too.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
2 months ago
I don't recall ever having a serious shortage of anything in the shops. Even during the infamous toilet roll rush the smaller shops had plenty. I enjoy going to the shops.
sonofEasteregg
sonofEasteregg Male
2 months ago
i signed up for amazon prime last year, 7.99 a month
you get quite a few things included with that, some of them i havent used yet.
I;ve used the videos, a lot of them included, but you can also pay for others.
I've used Prime next day delivery. Pretty godd and you can track it easily
And also it includes Morrisons same day free delivery for orders of £40 or more. That has been pretty handy recently, and only takes a couple of hour from ordering usualy. I may order one now, and i see theres a 12 oclock slot.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I was in LIDL just after 8am.
Didn't see any acid.
Maybe they hadn't restocked, ir it was hiding behind the mince pies!
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
2 months ago
My shopping is spasmodic as and when I need something. No particular preferences.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Hate shopping unless its quaint unusual creative type shops, buy online mostly, and go to a supermarket if its desperate measures. Not a fan of clothes shopping, can't abide it, don't buy jewellery or anything like that either. I used charity shops a lot pre-pandemic. Ebay is my general go to. 
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
I did a big shop this morning. I bought a steak and kidney pie at the garage when I was filling up LOLOL
eurostar
eurostar Female
2 months ago
I.m off to aldi in a bit , for cheap bog standard stuff it's ideal, and the kids snacks are cheap lol
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
never too posh for nosh LOLOL
tsunamiwarrior
tsunamiwarrior Male
2 months ago
A saying which will remain in my head forever lol.
Greencare
Greencare Female
2 months ago
I still enjoy going into town.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
I like being able to get bargains and the "middle of lidl" stuff, I'm a bit of a rummager through the reduced sections, although I'm disciplined and don't buy anything I would eat or use.

Help with conversations