Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

The UK's most popular baby names of 2022 have been revealed by the Office for National Statistics.

Hierophant
Hierophant Male
3 days ago
Boys:

Muhammed
Noah
Theo
Leo
Oliver
Jack
George
Luca
Ethan
Freddie

Girls

Sophia
Lily
Olivia
Isla
Ava
Amelia
Freya
Aria
Maya
Ivy

Lol.....
CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
3 days ago
Will I regret asking this but - Why the lol?
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
3 days ago
I like the name Noah but I'm unlikely to be naming any more children.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
3 days ago
Ethan, freya and Maya are good too.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
3 days ago
Will I regret asking this but - Why the lol?

I thought Muhammed at number 1 deserved it and it's funny there's no David, Kevin, Robert and Barry.
They say everybody knows someone called David, I don't know anyone called Muhammed. Times they are a changing.
Names ending in "A" are very popular it seems.
Do you regret asking?.....
ToBeAdvised
ToBeAdvised Male
3 days ago
Maybe you do know people called Muhammed, but from I've been told it's a tradition that all the males born in a family will be given that as their first name, so will generally use their 2nd given name as the one they'd be more commonly known as. It's strange why some tabloids are coming out with those lists, given that the ONS figures for 2022 came out over a month ago and although Muhammed was the most popular name in 5 regions it was only 5th on the overall list, with Noah knocking Oliver off it's 8 year reign as top name. 
CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
3 days ago
I think it was Noah last year. I wasn't surprised at Muhammad still being popular among the Asian community and you probably meet a lot them but don't know there names lol. When we went for popular names it meant David, John, the saints lol, they were dominant but these days with so many new and often unusual names it prevents one particular name coming top.
I was most surprised at Sophia.
Samx
Samx Male
3 days ago
Mostly only female names tend to end in A.
Sophia is a very common name in eastern Europe.
I too find LOL rather inappropriate, in this context.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
3 days ago
Good...
ToBeAdvised
ToBeAdvised Male
3 days ago
That's correct. lol
sonofEasteregg
sonofEasteregg Male
3 days ago
it could be Lol Creme from 10cc.

he gets into trouble when hes writing a serious or sad text and signs off with lol at the end.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
3 days ago
It doesn't matter because he's not in love!

I don't know anyone called Muhammad - oh, we used to have a security guard by that name, briefly.

I married a David, 38 years ago today. There were so many of that name in the farming industry, there always had to be variants to avoid confusion.
Zealous_Zack
Zealous_Zack Male
3 days ago
A lot of Muhammads are known by Mo or as TBA says by another of their names. This is very common in many cultures.
lindy
lindy Female
2 days ago
hahahahaha GOW

I married a Dave in the farming industry. Almost 30 years ago. I managed 10 years and then that was it. Been single ever since - that was the horror of it all!!
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 days ago
Mine died at work lindy.
That's fairly ironic.
I reckon he's still there.
He's not here, and my granddaughter tells me she's not seen anyone 'passed' here.
lindy
lindy Female
2 days ago
These guys do work long hours - especially in the summer months. In fact, all the ex really wanted was a housekeeper and childminder as his mother had been [his father had worked on the farm too]

My son followed him into farming. He's working long hours even though now he's selling farm machine.

I was a bit in awe of the ex and his feel for the land and the creatures on it. He did teach me a lot - good and bad.

I'm sorry if you think he's still there. It is their life - on the land. And they do move on xx

Help with conversations