Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

In anticipation of the uproar, I can hear already,

the four-star (****) Novotel in Ipswich

Samx
Samx Male
4 days ago
has been forced by the government, via the courts, to accept the boat people as guests.
As many of the boat people have lived for long time in filthy camps in France, they are used to them! So we should not deprive them of the environment, they are used to!
BOYDEL
BOYDEL Male
4 days ago
Wider issue is that until processed through the Asylum system these people are not allowed to work/claim benefits nor Rent any property.
Samx
Samx Male
4 days ago
Then change the law and make them work compulsively.
sonofEasteregg
sonofEasteregg Male
4 days ago
these kind of things are often another example of the hypocrisy of human beings. There are many examples of people who will post and say things online about human rights etc, but it seems that a lot of these people are only ok if its dumped in someone elses area. Bring it to their own backyard, and its a totally different story. Not just the asylum seekers, but things like the travellers, the races/relgiions that could be a problem, the ex criminals being housed, the druggies. It seems they all have to live somewhere, but so long as its somewhere else, thats ok. Not many will admit to not wanting them anywhere near them, but a lot are thinking it, whilst saying different.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 days ago
I think I'm probably surrounded by more than my fair share of oyks, as it is.
sonofEasteregg
sonofEasteregg Male
3 days ago
we try our best
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 days ago
Consider it mission accomplished.

Help with conversations