Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What's your favourite sandwich.

CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
8 days ago
My latest craze is for banana sandwiches.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
8 days ago
Marmite and cucumber
lindy
lindy Female
8 days ago
banana and marmalade wrap. 
Samx
Samx Male
8 days ago
Are you pregnant CircusMaximus?
Dudley2000
Dudley2000 Male
8 days ago
The good old bacon sandwich is by far my favourite.
Zealous_Zack
Zealous_Zack Male
7 days ago
I've been eating home made marmalade sandwiches which have been a joy.
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
7 days ago
My favourite sandwich just lately has been : Donna-Kebab meat with pickled red cabbage on seeded granary bread, garlic mayo and encona hot pepper sauce, wow!!

Andy Mac
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
7 days ago
Gluten free.  And usually something I made myself.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
7 days ago
Whatever happened to good old plain jam sandwiches.
Greencare
Greencare Female
7 days ago
Jam in sandwiches was good because it was edible with bread which had gone dry and hard. Those were the good old days.
ToBeAdvised
ToBeAdvised Male
7 days ago
I like a bit of jam but a lot of the cheaper jams you get these days is more or less flavoured sugar.  This week over the allotment I've picked nearly a kilo of raspberries (big surprise there were so many, thanks to the super mild weather) and have knocked up 3 large jars of super fruity jam with lower sugar content, that I'll enjoy eating for the next few months.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
7 days ago
When I was growing up and my packed lunch for my first job was jam sandwiches. Everyone was making home made jam in those days. If the bread was hard we used to rub it with a wet knife and sometimes make tomato sauce sandwiches. I don't recall anyone ever putting meat in a sandwich as that would be for special occasions or possibly Sunday lunch if you weren't hard up.
terry
terry Male
7 days ago
Not sure I have a favourite, when going on a walk I pack either a plain ham sarnie or ham and banana, both on wholemeal granary, at home I've just taken to bacon and banana on toast - again wholemeal granary - well, I'm looking at the healthy options!
Greencare
Greencare Female
6 days ago
I prefer a wrap to a sandwich.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
6 days ago
You can get more into a wrap LOLOL
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
6 days ago
That's true. I usually have a wrap, baguette or roll in preference to a sarnie.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
5 days ago
I stop for tea at a place that serves a breakfast baguette which contains a full English breakfast. It's enormous and I can't fathom out how it can be eaten as it looks too big for any normal mouth and I would end up with most of it spilling down my front.
sonofEasteregg
sonofEasteregg Male
5 days ago
I;ve just ordered some food stuff online, and one of the items is Tuc chesse sandwich biscuits. Have I got a great night ahead or what.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
5 days ago
I used to love sardine & tomato paste with salt & vinegar crisps.
Can't seem to find that paste anywhere now...
Orson
Orson Male
5 days ago
Seal & Watercress
Blue-Poppy
Blue-Poppy Female
4 days ago
1.  Mashed hardboiled eggs with grated cheese, a little garlic pepper and bound together with lemon mayo.2.  Tuna mayo with thyme & lemon.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
4 days ago
I had a cheese sandwich with a dribble of tomato sauce this morning but toasted it. I got up early as Bertie was at the window growling at something but whatever it was had gone.

Help with conversations