Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

how do you eat your

spaghetti

sonofEasteregg
sonofEasteregg Male
2 months ago
Do you chop it into bite size bits, before or after cooking, leave it long and wrap it around your fork, using a spoon as an aid, or something else
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
I wrap it around a spinning fork :)
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Fork and spoon usually.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
Wrap around a fork
leogirl
leogirl Female
2 months ago
wrap it round a fork guided by a spoon. . . still,  I manage to get half of it on the table cloth !
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
I used to chop it up in the days when I might have eaten such a thing, but I'm really not into pasta that much.
NoneOfTheAbove
NoneOfTheAbove Male
2 months ago
how do you eat your spaghetti

I try and sort all the letters out and see what words I can spell before it gets cold or the toast gets too soggy.
Zealous_Zack
Zealous_Zack Male
2 months ago
It's one of several foods I never order when on a first date.
Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
It is very sad that people cut the long spaghetti to bits, before eating it. The manufactures go to great lengths to make them long and packaging them in that manner. Spaghetti should be boiled, tossed in a little olive oil and served al tente, topped with a sauce and hand grated Parmesan. Each strand is picked and twisted around a fork stood in a spoon.

Of course, spaghetti hoops and alphabets is an English tradition, and has nothing to do with the Italian favourite.
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
2 months ago
"served al tente," samx? Is that wig-wam or tee-pee ;-) ha ha ha

I do like a spag bol and use a fork n spoon but i have been known to chop it up when i've got peeved with it, lol

Andy Mac
Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
Al dente (At the teeth) means with a little bite in Italian.
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
2 months ago
Al dente is a term that is used all the time when we're talking about pasta and describes the ideal consistency of pasta when it's been cooked. The literal translation of the phrase is 'to the tooth' because pasta that is perfectly al dente will be quite firm to bite, not completely soft and limp like sam's brain, har har

Andy Mac
sonofEasteregg
sonofEasteregg Male
2 months ago
I prefer mine Al Jolson, the way Mammy used to make it. lol
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
2 months ago
ha ha ha sonofEasteregg and the spag would be "millions of miles with slurpy smiles, no doubt," lol

Andy Mac
Dudley2000
Dudley2000 Male
2 months ago
Bite and let the bits fall back onto your plate.
bella111
bella111 Female
2 months ago
In private: That is a clue
NoneOfTheAbove
NoneOfTheAbove Male
2 months ago
When I go camping I have my spaghetti served al dente, al tente.

:-)
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
2 months ago
Lol
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
2 months ago
I had spaghetti this evening twisted skilfully with a fork.

Clint Eastwood is on tv now. Fistful of Dollars.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I like my spaghetti tossed in garlic oil with grated parmesan.
My fav sauce at the moment is passata, with barbacoa and balsamic vinegar.
I'm hungry now!
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Oh, how do I eat it?
Messily!
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
I'm afraid that I much prefer the humble potato to pasta of any description, or a nice bowl of salad in a tasty dressing.  Or if I really do have to eat pasta, I would prefer lasagne.  I don't think I even have any pasta in my kitchen cupboard, except for a pack of spaghetii that is about 10 years old, but looks pretty in the posh spaghetti jar that someone gave me long ago. It can stay there as far as I am concerned.  Surely I can't be the only person who doesn't like pasta?
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
2 months ago
I'm not keen on pasta.

Help with conversations