Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Perhaps of interest to some

terry
terry Male
2 months ago
Mehran Karimi Nasseri who's stay at a Paris airport was made into the film 'The Terminal' starring Tom Hanks has died - at the airport. Apparently being denied entry to a country and ending up staying at an airport is not all that uncommon.

Tom Owen, Compo's son from Last of the Summer Wine has also died, aged 73. Think that's just about the most of the longer serving actors from that sitcom have now died, certainly of the older ones, also, did you know Compo and Cleggy are buried side by side at Holmfirth? I'm guessing someone keeps nicking Compo's wellies 'cos every time I pass there it looks like a different pair have appeared.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
I read this today, RIP Mehran Karimi Nasseri, what an extraordinary life, 18 years living in an airport,  and Vive La France! for giving this man shelter, and  granting him residency! As to which he still wished to remain living in the airport.. until 2006. I loved watching last of the summer wine when I was little with my Great Auntie and Uncle, I used to drive them mad practicing the theme tune on violin. Everyone loved Compo but I had a particular soft spot for Cleggy. 
BOYDEL
BOYDEL Male
2 months ago
Anyone's passing is sad - but inevitable.

In UK 9% do not survive even to age. 60 - and 2/3rds of the remainder will not reach age 75
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
That's cheerful Boydel.
Good job my family make it into their 80's, I still have much to do!
BOYDEL
BOYDEL Male
2 months ago
That makes you more likely to be one of the lucky few
BOYDEL
BOYDEL Male
2 months ago
The longevity of any siblings will be a better indication than that of parents/grandparents.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Anyway ... I liked Last Of The Summer Wine too, Terry. I named Lilybub's toy bat after Norah Batty. 

Help with conversations