Conversation The Forum
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Biden is such a jerk.

Privately, but overheard by the press, he says that Putin is on the cusp of using nuclear weapons.

On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
3 months ago
Joe Biden warns Vladimir Putin is ‘not joking’ about nuclear threat.

Dear oh dear.

Speaking off camera at a fund raising event in New York, President Biden's limp wristed comment, (just about), indicates that America appears nonchalant or helpless in its stance against Mr Putin's belicose jingoism as far as the probable use of nuclear weapons in the Ukraine theatre of war is concerned.

"The risk of nuclear “Armageddon” was at its highest since the Cuban missile crisis in 1962"; President Biden.

A previously taboo and unthinkable act, that of using nuclear ordinance, is now made tangible and possible thanks to Biden's normalising of the prospect - or so I personally think.

My only hope is that Putin appreciates that an ill wind would, likely, blow any nuclear clouds Russia's way ... though does he really care if his own countrymen and women suffered too?

The West needs to deliver Putin a ways and means of saving face or Putin's hubris (and desperation in currently being on course to lose the war), will result in a James Hectic situation that will ultimately lead to certain escalation.
-
I never believed this day would come but Biden's unguarded and off camera comment has just given Putin a perverse credibility or, at the very least, an option whereby the use of such deadly and horrific weapons might now be an, arguably, foregone conclusion.

A madman threatening the unthinkable is one thing but the President of the United States acknowledging and accepting the unthinkable is, arguably, even more terrifying.
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
3 months ago
For the record; I still believe Sam's (previous) comment about Putin using nuclear weapons was silly.

I'm actually more concerned about the Leader of the free world and his inability to frame and address Putin and his threats.

Certainly, by uttering the words he did in New York, President Biden is almost rolling out the red carpet for Putin to do exactly as he pleases.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
3 months ago
I remember thinking the USA couldn't do worse than Trump.
Maglorian
Maglorian Male
3 months ago
It's just reached Check Mate! Biden & his lapdogs Truss and some of Europe, are now in the dilemma of continuing to supply weaponry to the tin pot Ukrainian regime, to aid their bombarding and shelling of Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions in the south, thereby now attacking Russian territory and it's new Russian Brexit referendum. Or, peddling Nuclear Armageddon. They have realised the Bear is a superb Chess player and the western agitators are now stuck with their game plan.

I predict a return to peace talks by Christmas and the agitators with their tails between their legs. Checkmate!
Molly
Molly Female
3 months ago
I hope important people aren't cheering Putin's atrocities as you do Maglorian.
SQL
SQL Male
3 months ago
He has to do that Molly, nothing vaguely supportive of the West is allowed in his world. Any lies, no matter how ridiculous, that bolster Putin is the order of the day for Maggs.

The fact that Russian troops regularly target defenceless civilians in Ukraine is not allowed any consideration at all in his world. Lies about the Western powers are encouraged rather than just tolerated.

SQL
Maglorian
Maglorian Male
3 months ago
I'm cheering for peace Molly. I hope you are also.
Maglorian
Maglorian Male
3 months ago
War is over over If you want it. War is over. Now!
Greencare
Greencare Female
3 months ago
I hope important people aren't cheering Putin's atrocities as you do Maglorian.

He certainly seems to hate everyone not Russian and says nothing to condemn Putin's murdering the Ukrainians.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
I'm hoping you're right about peace talks Christmas Mags, it seems the only alternative but yay go Biden for stirring an already boiling pot! What a dick move to put more pressure on.
Maglorian
Maglorian Male
3 months ago
Have you always been a selective reader Greencare or, have you fallen into the mass hysteria, by blindly and fervently misinterpreting what people write?
Greencare
Greencare Female
3 months ago
He has to do that Molly, nothing vaguely supportive of the West is allowed in his world. Any lies, no matter how ridiculous, that bolster Putin is the order of the day for Maggs.

The fact that Russian troops regularly target defenceless civilians in Ukraine is not allowed any consideration at all in his world. Lies about the Western powers are encouraged rather than just tolerated.

SQL

You make a lot of sense.
Maglorian
Maglorian Male
3 months ago
Could there be another CIA-linked environmental catastrophe required?

"One line of Nord Stream 2 may be undamaged after the attacks"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-03/gazprom-ready-to-ship-gas-via-shelved-nord-stream-2-pipeline?fbclid=IwAR0LeQmeCt9b5NWnehhmihrlclZs3-G1rzCCYKVhBtXf0YF4WKknFVlXyOI
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
3 months ago

SQL

You make a lot of sense.

It does make sense when someone is supporting the murder of so many innocent people in Ukraine.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
What a load of rubbish. You can't see another view without spitting hate and false accusations can you? Nobody is pro this war you're like like a monkey with a miniature symbol.. bash bash bash, nothing useful to debate just ongoing not picking and hate pushing, trolling, desperately trying to be liked by the coven,  grow up.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
nit picking before typos become the next pathetic gripe..
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
3 months ago
The Pixie and Mags shoe. Each posting then marking the other excellent. ROFL.
Samx
Samx Male
3 months ago
Of course we are said the western propaganda. However, I think it’s beyond dispute dead dead rest in this case let’s Russia. But I am concerned now, is, if the Ukrainians are successful in liberating all of Ukraine, they may be tempted to call me to retaliate change drives into real Russian territory. This would be catastrophic. Putin then, justifiably, can call the Ukraine, backed by the West, aggressors and really let the devils fly. The future does not look good.
SQL
SQL Male
3 months ago
Sam, do you ever proof read your messages before pressing 'send'?

I think it’s beyond dispute dead dead rest in this case let’s Russia.

Translation would be good in this case.

SQL
SQL
SQL Male
3 months ago
Maggs - 7-Oct-2022 10:48

Have you always been a selective reader Greencare or, have you fallen into the mass hysteria, by blindly and fervently misinterpreting what people write?

Or - as is more likely Maggs, you are a very selective reader and only chose to propagate those lines of information that suit your narrow perspective.

I'm still waiting to read your response to my question about why it is illegal to tell the truth in Russia relating to calling the invasion an invasion. What is your considered opinion?

SQL
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
Russia do not see this war as an invasion, that's why they have changed the law SQL.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
Putin will not admit to his war in the Ukraine or the merciless slaughter of the innocent men, women and children he is killing. Completely insane and a danger to the world.
Maglorian
Maglorian Male
3 months ago
Loaded semantics sql. Any lies peddled in society should be illegal. Or are you comfortable with untruths being peddled?
SQL
SQL Male
3 months ago
No, that's completely wrong Pix. Putin and his gang know perfectly well that the Russian forces have invaded Ukraine. Making a law in Russia to criminalise anyone speaking the truth is just part of the propaganda process to try to legitimise thee invasion in the minds of the public (who are severely restricted in their official media).

Putin has changed the law to try to curb any real information circulating.

Do you support this twisting of the truth and personal freedoms?

SQL
SQL
SQL Male
3 months ago
Mags

Loaded semantics sql. Any lies peddled in society should be illegal. Or are you comfortable with untruths being peddled?

No loaded semantics anywhere in sight or in the nearest universe. Just a plain question and I am pleased that you have finally stated that your opinion is that lies should be illegal. And thus you are criticising Putin and his gang who have passed a law in the Russian Parliament which gives the Russian population a choice between lying or becoming criminals.

Of course Putin himself has shown he is openly dishonest. He is reported to have stated on more than one occasion that the Russian troops gathering on the border with Ukraine in early 2022 were just on exercises and never going yo enter Ukraine territory.

SQL

Help with conversations