Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What are your plans

for Christmas this year?

Samx
Samx Male
A month ago
I will be checking into a hotel for the festive period.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Urghhh I don't want to think about it. It's usually all last minute.. how can anyone plan anything the state of things. Most likely off to my mother's with my daughter where I don't have to cook, see my son and grandbabies, then home after dinner, and bored later on for the following few days/nights. Disagreements about COVID ruined last year. If I had my way I'd be on holiday too. 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Also last year I had a painting to work on for a deadline for Christmas so that was working flat out and not much time to do anything else. More last minute than usual.
JustKatie
JustKatie Female
A month ago
I might work over Christmas as I have no family wanting me to stay with them. I've worked Christmas other years and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a completely different atmosphere from staff and patients.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
A month ago
I'm not sure yet, my son may be able to come down, we're not sure yet, what ever happens we'll be at home.
eurostar
eurostar Female
A month ago
I.d love  to bring my son home even for a few hours,I may start suggesting it to the rehab otherwise I may see about staying over in a  B&B near him , 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Fingers and toes crossed for you Euro x
eurostar
eurostar Female
A month ago
Cheers I have a commode ready for him but I have two steps to the house and we can't tip him backwards in wheelchair, that's how he fell and his anxiety goes ape,could be B&B 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Can you buy or borrow a proper wheelchair ramp? Or get financial help with making modifications to the home? 
eurostar
eurostar Female
A month ago
We.ll message don't want to take over thread
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
A month ago
My children, theur partners and my grandchildren will all pile in either on Christmas day or Boxing day.
It gets loud and messy and lots of food is consumed.
Tuesday, I'll go back to work. :-(
Orson
Orson Male
A month ago
To sleep through it.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
A month ago
Best wishes euro. Age uk do wheelchair ramps and may be worth a try.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Good plan!
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
A month ago
I usually visit as many relatives and friends over the holiday period as possible. I lead a busy life and don't get the time to see them all during the year.
Aely
Aely Female
A month ago
The last couple of years I have joined a friend and her son. He cooks, I take a bottle of wine for her. I will probably be doing the same this year.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
None, other than a day of rest.  I might go out walking, if I feel like it.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
A month ago
I've made no plans yet but I have spent Christmas on my own through choice and it's been bloody lovely!!
CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
A month ago
Making plans at the moment to spend time with family and it looks like a good crowd of us will be celebrating together.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
A month ago
To have a blast!
Greencare
Greencare Female
A month ago
Good plan NoSaint.
Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
A month ago
At this moment in time, I envisage that I will be on my own on Christmas Day. Last year I spent Christmas Day at my Mum's where I done all the cooking as it was easier than doing 4 x 45-mile trips to bring her here and back home. Boxing Day this year will hopefully be spent in the company of my friend.
lindy
lindy Female
A month ago
Am truly Humbug, as those close to me know and 'dare not' mention it til Christmas Eve. I oft was cross at my old nan wanting to spend the day on her own when  I arrived to drive her reluctantly to the family knees up! I now appreciate how she felt!!
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
It's just not as fun now my kids are older, they like to go do their own thing of course, so we'll do the usual in the day and then disperse in some way, grandkids make it more fun, I was thinking of getting a dinosaur costume to wear in the garden to play some fun games... my mother would be opposed as she's very Mrs bucket with the neighbours, which makes me want to do that even more.. Once I'm back home Christmas night...bored to death.. fed up and bored, the rest can't be over fast enough.

Mumsie
Mumsie Female
A month ago
Not the best of times for some of you here .Mine will be a quiet one , with the little family and Christmas dinner brought here , to me and my son . Daughter has changed tradition a little to suit working hours, understandable  , I go with the flow , think my Christmas day service will be on zoom , with my church this year 

did  spend Christmas , in Prague many years ago with my hubby a  beautiful holiday too, we did not know that was to have been our last holiday, as I lost him in the early January .and his birthday was New Years Eve 

Christmas is a time for folks to do what brings happiness, to yourselves and family and friends not what you feel you must do 

Help with conversations