Conversation The Forum
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Animal Cruelty

New Changes

Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
I've just received an email from Chris Packhams campaign to end this. I'm not surprised from our current government ruling, more things going on behind the scenes. When everyone works so hard for years to abolish animal cruelty, lowest of the low scum move.

There is no place in modern Britain for fur or foie gras, both of which are products of appalling cruelty. The government has abandoned plans to introduce an Animals Abroad bill which would have banned the import and sale of fur and foie gras.

This is an appalling betrayal of animals, who desperately need a kind nation to defend them, but also the British public, the vast majority of whom are united in support for a ban, and who are looking to this government to make good on its pledges of being a world leader on animal welfare.

Farming animals for fur, and force-feeding geese to produce foie gras, are so cruel that they’re banned here in the UK. It is an obscene double-standard that we still allow these products of cruelty to be imported and sold in UK shops.
Samx
Samx Male
4 months ago
Would it not be better to start to look at our own cruelty to animals like dogs, cats, etc. The RSPCA is overwhelmed with work by cruel British people. The constant interference to other nations is abhorrent to me. Clean out your own house first before throwing stones at other peoples glasshouses.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
Sam the RSPCA put down hoards of healthy animals per year. By allowing the fur trade animals will just be slaughtered worldwide for fur trade. We all know how you feel about other nations Sam particularly immigrants however how can you favour cruelty in certain species or countries than others? Cruel wealthy British People will be flouncing around in fur coats eating the cruelest of foods ever known. If they're lifting laws on protecting animals what do you think will come next in the U.K? Hunting of course. Psychopath Tories strike again.  Ignorant response Sam but TOP POST.
Dudley2000
Dudley2000 Male
4 months ago
You are blessed with the Top Post award Pixie. Does it matter who gets one more vote than someone else?

At least we have cleaned our act up in the UK. Sadly we cannot control what other countries do other than make gestures.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
My comments concerning animal welfare have nothing to do with that subject other than pointing out that kind of ignorance doesn't really deserve an award. I'm confused that all.of these Animal lovers aren't so concerned by these changes.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
So next time when you're all harping on about saving the environment and how great David Attenborough is lalala.. try actually listening to what he's saying about killing the wildlife and it's effects upon the environment and the planet. WWF and Greenpeace have been fighting against this kind of thing for years, and it's about to worsen.
lindy
lindy Female
4 months ago
Pixiefluff am with you.  and taken many sideswipes and shots over my concern and love for animals and our environment.  I've met many animal lovers who say one thing and do another.  Keep going!! xx
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
Thanks Lindy, if our Government are changing laws on the exceptance the fur trade here and the sale of foie gras, it is a set back for animal rights world wide. And it won't be long before foxhunting bans will be lifted either (not that they aren't doing that illegally). Blood sport for all... A fashion delight for those who like to furnish themselves with the aftermath of torture and death. 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
At least we have cleaned our act up in the UK. Sadly we cannot control what other countries do other than make gestures.

Put your specs on mate ... The nature of this thread points out that our GOV have made a decision to introduce this cruelty back into the U.K. THEY made that choice not any other country. Who the hell even eats foie gras? It's not an average food. Where's the demand for it in the U.K?
lindy
lindy Female
4 months ago
Pixiefluff

Hunting will soon be back on the scene. I've taken them on over the years....and will continue to do so!!
As for shoving stuff down ducks' throats for delicacy - its obscene!!
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
Praise the use of citronella for throwing off the dogs!If you type in change.org Chris Packham there should be the petition there to sign, it doesn't cost anything just share it .. I was going to paste the link but it's massive!
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
https://www.change.org/p/tell-the-government-it-must-not-betray-animals-suffering-for-fur-and-foie-gras-dontbetrayanimals
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
There...

Help with conversations