Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Are you a coffee or tea drinker

..which do you prefer and when ?

HomelyGirl
HomelyGirl Female
2 months ago
I was wondering because there are many coffee shops to enjoy a coffee and meet with friends over a latte or mocha or my favourite cappuccino, but not many tea rooms and I only drink very weak tea or earl grey, much prefer coffee though and as long as it's decaf and after midday ?
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I'm a tea person. Herbal.
Green / jasmine/ oolong, cinnamon... lemon verbena from the garden.
Once in a while I drink a decaf coffee, but as it used to be a migraine trigger, I'm still wary.
I'd open a tea shop. Lovely food - all gluten free, but so goid, you wouldn't notice.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
I really don't like coffee much.  I do enjoy a cup of coffee first thing and that's it.  And, oh shock horror, I prefer a nice cup of instant rather than the fancy high octane stuff that coffee addicts seem to like.  lolI prefer tea really.  I don't eat or drink out much since I became gluten free, but will agree that there don't seem to be so many tea rooms as there used to be.  In all honesty, I like to make tea at home on my won bone china.  I'm just as likely to drink plain water when I am out.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Tea needs to be served in bone china MtM.
You'd like the Folly Tea Rooms in Holt. Bone china, lots of choice and gf options. Very quaint and quirky too, but very popular.
If you haven't been to Holt (Norfolk), it's worth a trip.
You can also get a steam train from about a mile outside the village to Sheringham.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
lol um, I may have been to Norfolk, once or twice.  
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I suspected as much.
There's still a few bits I haven't got to.
Mazer
Mazer Male
2 months ago
I drink tea. I'm British why would I drink coffee.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
I seem to remember that at one time that more coffee drunk here than any other country.  No idea if that is still the case.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I work with a lot of coffee drinkers.
I can keep up without the caffeine!
eurostar
eurostar Female
2 months ago
I like both, a good strong coffee and tea strong in a mug, could not be doing with a teacup 
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
I drink strong black coffee for breakfast, I don't drink it at any other time and I rarely drink tea, I don't go to coffee shops, I can buy a packet of decent coffee and make myself pots of the stuff for less than one cup of the shop stuff. I also get fed up with only having three quarters of a cup because automatic dispensers leave room for the milk I don't have. Black coffee is an espresso or two topped up with hot water which sits on the top as the coffee itself is heavier.
Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
Coffee in the morning and sometimes tea later and in independent restaurants. Starbucks and all similar coffee giants are avoided, by me, like the plague for two reasons. One: their products are inferior and two: they make immense profits without paying tax.
Why drink coffee if there is no caffeine in it? Incidentally black tea has caffeine in it as well. However, I mostly drink tap water, as I don’t see the point of paying for water over the odds and add to the worlds plastic inundation.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Why drink coffee with no caffeine?
Because, it's the caffeine that triggers migraines, but sometimes I want a change from herbal tea - and as far as I can remember, it tastes the same!
The only time I drink black tea, is if I can't get green or herbal - which is very rare, and then it would be weak.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
Why drink coffee with no caffeine?

A strange question as I have never thought about the caffeine in coffee or tea. Everything I drink is because I like the taste.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
For anyone who suffers from stress and anxiety, giving caffeine a miss is probably a wise choice.  Staying calm and avoiding palpitations and the other side effects seems like good enough reason to me.  Perhaps some people simply like the taste of coffee without the physiological effects of caffeine.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
2 months ago
The same could be said of all foods and drinks.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Yes, all of that MtM and HOW.
ToBeAdvised
ToBeAdvised Male
2 months ago
Nescafe instant white coffee in a mug for me, morning noon and night. I can't even remember the last time I felt inclined to get voluntarily extorted in a poncy coffee shop. If I'm travelling on a road trip or out walking I'll usually have my trusty flask and instant cappuccino sachets to wet my whistle.  But I also drink tea during the day, straight forward teabag, medium strength with milk in a mug.  I sometimes get tempted with herbal tea on offer, think they sound nice, then kick myself when I remember I've had the like before and they're still in the cupboard as, except for ginger tea, the others always taste like wood shavings (which funnily enough is pretty much appears to be what's in the bag).   
connexkev
connexkev Male
2 months ago
When I was a teenager I used to drink tea most of the time. Now it's mainly coffee but I occasionally make a cup of tea. 
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Cheap herbal teabags are gross, TBA.
As I rarely drink, I spend a bit more on my tea.
I don't like that manufacturers sneak licorice in to sweeten herbal tea. I can't have licorice because it's bad for high BP.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
I rarely drink herbal teas and when I do it tends to be something like fennel when I've got indigestion or chamomile to help with pain relief. Many are to sweet for me and taste sort of dusty like they've been made with the contents from an old pocket.
AndyMacG
AndyMacG Male
2 months ago
I drink mainly tea throughout the day but i am also partial to the odd mug of coffee also, instant or percolated.

Andy Mac
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
My favourite beverage is Ceylon tea in bone China.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I read that as 'manly tea', Andy.
Good, strong, builders brew!
"I'm a lumberjack, and I'm alright, I work all day, and sleep all night ... "
Sorry, don't mind me - the later verses aren't aimed at anyone - I think the sun has affected me!
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Does anyone know what happened to the OP?
We can't have scared her off already.
Maybe she's 'pulled', that'd be quick for MSE!

Help with conversations