Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Blackberries, sloes, apples, mushrooms

Foraging

G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
Do you?
I do!
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
13 days ago
I dont. I'd probably poison myself lol.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
With blackberries png?
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
13 days ago
If you knew me you'd believe it lol. I was thinking of the mushrooms though.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
13 days ago
The only wild mushrooms I'd trust myself to identify are shaggy ink cap. There's nothing poisonous that looks remotely like them!
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
13 days ago
One of my daughters is crazy about foraging and she goes out with her partner regularly and always come back with something worthwhile. She makes jams and soups and drinks and all sorts.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
13 days ago
Nope.  Not often, anyway.  Though I have the ID skills for it,.  It can be a lot of hard work.  
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
12 days ago
I can't go for a walk without eyeing the hedgerows for edibles, even if I don't pick anything!
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
12 days ago
Blackberries, sloes, damsons, hazel nuts, I don't know enough about mushrooms to feel safe though. I see quite a few sea vegetable's on my walks, but I don't fancy them, I've had samphire and thought it disgusting and it put me off trying others and being on the seashore dogs have probably wee'd all over them. I've tried several sorts of seaweed over the years and didn't like any of them.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
11 days ago
We used to get lovely wild plums, but they cut the hedge recently and they're now all out of reach.
:"-(
Sea
Sea Female
11 days ago
Yes, I forage for anything edible that is free. Love picking blackberries, ever raspberries in some areas, although not found that often. Also I have collected mushrooms in the past and a few apples hanging from trees that don't appear to be owned by anyone. Wild plums are also good to collect.

Help with conversations