Conversation Help and Advice
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Seed catalogues

which do you use?

wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
16 days ago
I've used kings for years, but I fancy something different from the usual beans, peas and carrots.

Has anyone ever used Jekka MacVicars site for herbs? I tried and thought it ok if you know what you want, but hopeless for browsing and theres no paper catalogue either which makes it harder.
jpv
jpv Male
16 days ago
I have used "https://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/" a while back. I liked the service and site.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
16 days ago
I had a kings seeds one come through the other day, I didn't request it, keep forgetting to have a look. It was a site recommended by one of the chairmen at the allotment.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
16 days ago
Not sure of the complete history but the Cafe Rouge restaurant I frequent in St Albans has an impressive glass roof and I'm told that Samuel Ryder, of the Ryder cup golfing fame, used this building to display his "penny packet" seeds in the early 1900s and this brought him great business success.
I thought it was interesting.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
15 days ago
Does it still do seed catalogues?

Thanks JPV I'll check that one out
Greencare
Greencare Female
15 days ago
Those penny packet seeds started the trend of them arriving through the letter box.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
15 days ago
png, I didn't.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
15 days ago
I'm sorry to hear that wonderoushen I thought with your interest in history it wouldn't have bored you to that extent lol. I doubt any of us interest all of the people all of the time.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
15 days ago
I'm not sure that was meant to read that way. Puzzled.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
14 days ago
My historical interests are medieval right back into prehistory, anything after the Civil War bores me and makes my eyes glaze over.

I was actually looking for advice which is why I posted in this room, I think the new layout of not telling you what room something is posted in leads to this sort of confusion.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
14 days ago
It's possible that any additional posts to the thread highlight it and might attract more of the required information but I saw a thread about seeds and added an anecdote about seeds. That is very good going for this forum lol.

I will only add another post if I discover something about medieval seeds which might be of interest lol.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
11 days ago
I thought it was interesting LOLOL

Help with conversations