Conversation The Forum
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Stars and level

More system changes

jpv
jpv Male
4 months ago
I reached level 6 and had six stars, now I notice 5 more blank stars next to it!

I also notice the various new icons.

What is the highest level one can reach?
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
Not seeing any stars? Where are they? Not sure about levels? Is there an infinity and beyond level?
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
4 months ago
11 and then you become a diamond.
jpv
jpv Male
4 months ago
Pixiefluff
Not seeing any stars? Where are they? Not sure about levels? Is there an infinity and beyond level?

Click on the "Home" tab. You should be able to see how many stars you have and your level.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
I see... 8:8.. unsure of the purpose behind it, is it pointless? Wonder if they'll change the logo from that that resembles lady parts? 
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
4 months ago
That's interesting jpv I've never seen that before.
Laura1961
Laura1961 Female
4 months ago
No no no ! It took me 17 years or something to become a Diamond ! and now...it's gone !!!! :( and I am now merely a level 11 
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
4 months ago
Does it matter?
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
4 months ago
yes lol
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
4 months ago
Why? What do they all mean?
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
4 months ago
That I'm a sad git and spend too much time online.  ;)
jpv
jpv Male
4 months ago
This reminds of the state pension. I received a letter some years ago to say that I had fully paid my NI contributions and would be eligible for full state pension. A couple of years after that, the govenment changed the rules and added five more years! Good thing I had carried on paying anyway.
Samx
Samx Male
4 months ago
I did hit my head once and so many stars! LOL
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
I can't believe they stole your diamond UL! Is this a site owned by royalty?  :P
sunnyagain
sunnyagain Female
4 months ago
I'm level 11 but the blue diamonds have gone, I have yellow stars now.
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
4 months ago
That I'm a sad git and spend too much time online. ;)

Haha
terry
terry Male
4 months ago
I'm only level 9 and still two stars to go before I reach the sun - or top whack anyway....ahhh well.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
4 months ago
I'm neck and neck with you terry lol.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
4 months ago
Probably like most members who have been here a while I never look at this information - until now LOLOL.

I'm another with nine stars - is it now a race :)

Interesting also the flowers, waves, hugs and kisses sent by other members even the one who voted me bonkers!

I've had well over 5000 look at me so I would have expected more messages LOLOL.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
Some members only have their picture(s) visible if you visit their profile HOW - maybe that's what they were looking for.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
4 months ago
More likely the photo system on the site is playing tricks LOLOL
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
4 months ago
These go to 11

Referring to his guitar playing and his Marshall amp, Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap has something he wants to share.

(From the movie; This is Spinal Tap)
-
Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and…

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it’s louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You’re on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you’re on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don’t know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don’t you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Or write “These go to 11.mpg” in the Youtube search box or click this link, (below), to see the video for yourself.
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
4 months ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
I think I'm going to be stuck on 6 for a very long time!

Presently, if I were into numerology, I'd be wondering why 3 figures so strongly in my life.
3 attempts to phone in sick.
3 attempts (failed) to do a return to work interview.
Level 6 (2x3, of course).
And finally (although there may be more to come), my the petrol pump clicked off at £33.66!

Spooky - but not 11!
[Any numerologists on here?]
Molly
Molly Female
4 months ago
I have a rather measly six stars.

Help with conversations