Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Is the Queens demise over reported?

Or can you not get enough information on this event?

Samx
Samx Male
17 days ago
For me it is the former. I dislike the rehashing of same events over and over again. News supposed to be new.
eurostar
eurostar Female
17 days ago
Well I.ve spent the whole day not seeing any of it, there are enough channels not to watch it if you don't want to
Greencare
Greencare Female
17 days ago
The news is new to those who haven't already heard it. Such important news is always repeated many times. I don't you can over report such an event of such interest all around the world.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
17 days ago
Monday to get through yet.. although there is new news after the fact, like the reports of the issues with the crowding in London etc.... under policing of so many people.. alleged sexual assaults taking place in public.. Africa and India requesting crown jewels to be returned to them .. so that event is a significant factor of other new events, surrounding that event. 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
17 days ago
However there plenty of other news, but this is dominating and distracting from it. 
Greencare
Greencare Female
17 days ago
It deserves to dominate. So much to be related to the many millions mourning the Queens death.
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
16 days ago
I appreciate its beyond your ken to change your chewing a wasp outlook on the world, Sam, but I already guessed you had uploaded this post even before I opened it just by the very nature of this thread's title.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
16 days ago
I think it has, theres been loads of special programming and I would like to watch the news and see what else is happening in the world. BBC seems to have totally given over is scheduling to coverage of the lying in state, but somehow it always manages to find time for Eastenders and football. I hope that after tomorrow we can start having some conversations about how we move forward, and do we want a monarch and all the stuff that goes with them?
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
16 days ago
The nation will officially stop mourning after the Queen's funeral is over but the royal family, its employees, partners and agencies mourn for a further 7 days after the funeral.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
16 days ago
Probably not, it is history in the making.  It has more or less passed me by.  I find all the hysteria and outpourings mawkish.It's like anything else, you can dip in and out as much as you like.  You don't have to watch it, if not to your taste.  Some people love all that stuff.  Who am I to deny them their fun?
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
16 days ago
I think the same Minnie.
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
16 days ago
I feel the queen deserves all this pomp and circumstance for all the years she has served her country and beyond , so well , she kept her promise for all these years . It is history all that is going on day by day ,,,Must be millions of people have made the effort to go an see our queen laying in state .  Glad am not paying the bill for all the security ..Like every thing else, that one  important event feels takes over the channels, switch to another one to watch, most have Sky, Virgin etc to see other news , or the World radio news channel to listen to other news going on ,,,We are fortunate now in how quickly we are informed of other events happening, as to when I was a child and growing up, all was so limited 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
16 days ago
I feel that patients waiting years for appointments that have been cancelled because of the Queen's funeral don't deserve the set back, and forced food bank closures shouldn't be happening either. Increasing and prolonging the suffering of the needy is quite despicable!
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
16 days ago
*Mumsie Female
2 hours ago
I feel the queen deserves all this pomp and circumstance for all the years she has served her country and beyond , so well , she kept her promise for all these years . It is history all that is going on day by day ,,,Must be millions of people have made the effort to go an see our queen laying in state . Glad am not paying the bill for all the security ..Like every thing else, that one important event feels takes over the channels, switch to another one to watch, most have Sky, Virgin etc to see other news , or the World radio news channel to listen to other news going on ,,,We are fortunate now in how quickly we are informed of other events happening, as to when I was a child and growing up, all was so limited *

She certainly does Mumsie. Not many of us can say we have dedicated our entire lives for our country. There will always be a few miseries with negative comments but the majority of the country and the world want to show their respect and appreciation.
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
16 days ago
*Mumsie Female
2 hours ago
I feel the queen deserves all this pomp and circumstance for all the years she has served her country and beyond , so well , she kept her promise for all these years . It is history all that is going on day by day ,,,Must be millions of people have made the effort to go an see our queen laying in state . Glad am not paying the bill for all the security ..Like every thing else, that one important event feels takes over the channels, switch to another one to watch, most have Sky, Virgin etc to see other news , or the World radio news channel to listen to other news going on ,,,We are fortunate now in how quickly we are informed of other events happening, as to when I was a child and growing up, all was so limited *

She certainly does Mumsie. Not many of us can say we have dedicated our entire lives for our country. There will always be a few miseries with negative comments but the majority of the country and the world want to show their respect and appreciation.
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
15 days ago
Just my feelings NeverSayNever, thank you
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
15 days ago
Has anything else happened in the world today?
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
15 days ago
"Has anything else happened in the world today?"

Well. The newswires are reporting that President Biden is saying that "Covid is over" despite it still killing as many folk as the 911 attacks on a weekly basis. (3000 people)
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
12 days ago
back to normal now the news and into the colour again the news readers

Help with conversations