Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Strictly...

Will you be watching?

G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
Who's your favorite?
Lots of people I actually know this year.
Looks set to be entertaining
Can't wait!
Pboro Trevor
Pboro Trevor Male
4 months ago
Will be watching but not sure who 90% of the 'celebrities' are
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
4 months ago
Yes, and like PT I don't know who most of them are.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
4 months ago
No idea who the line up is but will be watching when it starts.  The launch show delayed by queenie's funeral, I believe.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
Yes, MtM, they're showing Paddington instead.
Launch show is moved to next Friday.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
4 months ago
Paddington!  okaaayyy!!!!
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
4 months ago
I had a look to see who was on it and I was amazed to find I had heard of three! I can't remember the last show when I'd heard of anyone lol.

Kim something is a singer. Matt Goss was in a band. Tony Adams was a footballer!
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
Will Mellor, png?
The Royle Family and Two Pints of Lager.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
4 months ago
Nope never heard of Will Mellor but I did watch the Royle Family a few times long ago lol. When Tony Adams was playing football he would often come up to Essex after a match to chill and he even managed to make football sound interesting. A nice guy. lol
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
4 months ago
Will do if I recognise a few interesting people
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
4 months ago
I've never watched d Strictly but I will give it a try.
Mazer
Mazer Male
4 months ago
I have a lot of friends who watch Strictly and all the dancing, cookery and singing shows but they are nearly all females. Are these programmes popular with men too?
eurostar
eurostar Female
4 months ago
Tried it don't like it
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
Yes Mazer, they are!
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
4 months ago
I think they are, if you look at a lot of the cookery programs a large number of competitors are men, lots of men enter things like The Voice, and dance schools have noticed the Strictly effect with people wanting to learn.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
4 months ago
I don't think so many men watch Strictly unless they are sat with their wives lol.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
4 months ago
I think like a lot of things, men do want to watch it but feel they need a woman as it gives them some kind of permission and they can tell their mates that the women in the house "make" them watch it.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
4 months ago
lol
Greencare
Greencare Female
4 months ago
One of tv's better programmes.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
4 months ago
I never watch tv competitions but I'm beginning to think I'm missing out LOLOL
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
It doesn't really feel like a competition HOW, but it is interesting to see how people progress.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
4 months ago
I don't watch any of the other reality shows, but I do love the dancing on Strictly and I admire the athleticism.  I have always loved to watch dance and I loved salsa when I was still dancing.   The Strictly show is pretty tough both mentally and physically and takes a lot of endurance.  I would put it more on a par with watching sport.  Not everyone makes it through, even the good dancers.  There have been a fair few injuries over the years and heartbreaking when some of the couples were out after testing positive for covid.  Though, having watched it for some years now, the pro dancers make it more like watching old friends.  Anyway, it is the only bit of glamour in my life, these days. 
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
So, all 15 couples are 'officially' paired up now.
They've done their usual shocked and ecstatic meet ups. Feigning surprise and delight at who their partner is.
W'hen has her strictly stew ready, and I'm about to prepare whatever we're having (with what needs using in the fridge).
Ready for launch proper.
A bit of bling and sparkle and fun, and coveting of dresses (unless Richie Anderson's wearing one).
Enjoy!!
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
4 months ago
Is it the first night of the competition tonight or do they need to show them pairing up first?  I don't watch much TV as it is broadcast, so I usually manage to miss the launch show and have to watch it on catch up to get up to speed.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
They paired up last night MtM.
Not entirely sure tonight, but hopefully some actual dancing.

Help with conversations