Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Are you doing anything different this weekend?

Mine was very different.

persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
A month ago
I went to a "Medieval" day which was surprisingly good for those all ages and it's not often you can say that.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
A month ago
Did they have jousting and invite one of the audience to fight a mounted knight? The one near me used to do that and I wouldn't take my kids as I knew they'd volunteer me, lol.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
A month ago
Haha my kids would do that too. No jousting today but a "battle" for the kids to join in with. I did find the falconry interesting and my energy was spent eating, drinking and watching the jester lol
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
A month ago
I enjoy watching falconry too, did they have many different types of bird there?
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
A month ago
Three falcons and an owl in the part of the show I watched but there was another two shows later which I didn't see. I went over to have a gamble on the ferret racing lol.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
A month ago
I was rowing a boat along the river today. I'd forgotten you had to face the opposite way to which you are moving.
Greencare
Greencare Female
A month ago
I went to an art exhibition where a number of local artists were displaying their work. I bought a painting.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
A month ago
Last night a local charity held a half decent street party. One big advantage of fine weather.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
A month ago
I'm now off to the Jamaica Street Carnival for a pint and a bit of reggae  :) 
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
A month ago
For a change I will be avoiding the street parties and wild music I usually enjoy at each weekend lol.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
A month ago
Partied out Neros?
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
A month ago
Twenty years ago lol.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
A month ago
I took a trip on a light railway with a steam train. Love the smell of the smoke and the enthusiasm of the volunteers. We crossed several roads where guards got out with red flags stopping traffic.
Back to normal now lol.
AlbertBertieBond
AlbertBertieBond Male
A month ago
png. Would that be the LB light railway? I've been on that a few times.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
A month ago
That's the one Albert.
terry
terry Male
A month ago
You won't want to hear my tales about milestones then!
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
oh, go on then!
terry
terry Male
A month ago
Ooooh good :-) They're smallish sticky up things on roads, when we were young after a night out where we got blotto'd we'd either fall over them or throw up over them as we stumbled our ways home...we used to know when we got home by how many we'd fallen over!

We mainly used to end up miles away in a different town falling asleep against them - ahhh, those were the days, I've just realised, my navigational skills have never really changed :-(
Mazer
Mazer Male
A month ago
I went to the Notting Hill Carnival and it was all fun and laughter, music and dance and a fantastic day out but completely spoilt later by the news of the stabbing.
BlackMark1
BlackMark1 Male
A month ago
I went to the coast for the bank holiday weekend and stayed with friends. I'm surprised more on here didn't do something different. I think garden centres were very busy.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
A month ago
The good weather helped to make it a great weekend for going out with family of street parties or to the beach. The weather makes all the difference.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
A month ago
Make the most of the outdoor venues because we'll be moaning about the cold soon
Youthful_Yosef
Youthful_Yosef Male
A month ago
I don't like the winter but I have enjoyed the warm weather this year.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
A month ago
Weather still good and pleasant for walking this weekend.
Charles1981
Charles1981 Male
A month ago
I'm staying with friends this weekend and a short time ago we were sat outside enjoying a warm night but now it's thunder and lightning and heavy rain so we are listening to music and playing cards in the conservatory.

Help with conversations