Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What was the last film you watched ?

CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
A month ago
Did you watch it alone or in company?
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
No Time to Die, I think.  I used to go to the cinema on my own a lot at one time.  
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
A month ago
I can't remember the film but I remember the usherette with the torch and ice creams :)
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
I'm surprised that you can remember that far back. ;)
Samx
Samx Male
A month ago
I have just finished watching the bicentinal man, by myself.
AlbertBertieBond
AlbertBertieBond Male
A month ago
I've watched a few children's films with kids but the last adult film I watched was The Counselor. It wasn't bad starring Michael Fassbender who was excellent. With Penélope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Javier Bardem and Brad Pitt it should have been better.
terry
terry Male
A month ago
Watched alone

'Britt-Marie was here'
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
A thriller called Alone with my daughter. Bit of a let down, very predictable from beginning to end.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
A month ago
I watched The Shape of Water. Different and not bad.
jpv
jpv Male
A month ago
I watched "The Capture" (series 2, ep1) on BBC one last night at 9 pm.
Just me and my puppy watching this time.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
I didn't know there is a second series jpv. I really enjoyed the first series and I love Holly Grainger's acting. I had hoped that there would be a second series. Thank you for flagging that.
jpv
jpv Male
A month ago
I must watch series 1. Series 2 started yesterday. You should be able to watch it on iPlayer.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
Series 1 is still there.  I might watch it again, before starting on the second series.  I remember it being quite complex and there is bound to be some spillover into the second series.I see series 7 of Shetland has started too.  Another one that I enjoyed.  Some great acting and glorious scenery.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
A month ago
I started to watch Rocky but lost interest. I think it was good in the day.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
A month ago
I sometimes pick a random film I've never heard of then watch it for ten or fifteen minutes to see if it's worth watching. I might switch off or find a real gem.
connexkev
connexkev Male
A month ago
I have been watching a lot of old films on talking pictures channel. A lot of actors and actresses made lots of films before they became famous. Lois Maxwell in the Bond films and Sidney James in the Carry On films. I like the detective ones where the fight scenes with the baddies are gold old fashioned fist fights. 
connexkev
connexkev Male
A month ago
I have been watching a lot of old films on talking pictures channel. A lot of actors and actresses made lots of films before they became famous. Lois Maxwell in the Bond films and Sidney James in the Carry On films. I like the detective ones where the fight scenes with the baddies are gold old fashioned fist fights. 
jpv
jpv Male
A month ago
Talking Pictures and now also on Legend (41) has good programs. But as they all have adverts, I record them first on my Humax box.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
I watched Memory with Liam Neeson last night.  A hocking, but satisfying ending.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
*shocking
terry
terry Male
A month ago
This Beautiful Fantastic

Watched it alone. Have to admit my film choices tend to be sentimental childish and easy going watches.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
25 days ago
I Came By. It was alright but I think the lady who chose to watch it with me fancied Hugh Bonneville lol
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
23 days ago
Cheating a bit as I haven't watched it yet but a friend wants to take me to see The Railway Children Return which I know nothing about. The original was brilliant.
eurostar
eurostar Female
23 days ago
I started watching a film late last night but ended up going to bed cos was shattered, but I need to find the film again now as I was enjoying it, the iron mask with Jackie changed and Annie schwatznegger
FBF_Peace
FBF_Peace Male
23 days ago
Who? lol

Help with conversations