Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Are you looking up at the sky and hoping for rain?

Or even a thunderstorm?

CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
A month ago
I am.
Mazer
Mazer Male
A month ago
I don't want a thunderstorm lol 
JustKatie
JustKatie Female
A month ago
I worked last night and have one been home a short time but during the night it seemed that everyone who merntioned the weather aso mentioned thunderstorms.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
A month ago
I was looking up at the sky at 7am when it looked like a cool day with possibly some rain but it's all clear sky now.
BlackMark1
BlackMark1 Male
A month ago
I would do a rain dance if I thought it would help.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
A month ago
I like it when it rains during the night.
Mazer
Mazer Male
A month ago
Maybe all rain dances should commence about 9 pm lol. 
leogirl
leogirl Female
A month ago
I am hoping for a long , steady rain fall so the rock hard soil can absorb it , rather than running of the land in floods.

although it is cooler and a more pleasant temperature, there is no RAIN in this driest part of Essex . The runner beans were a disaster, the tomatoes have a skin like leather , the bin potatoes did not much better, although flowers and vegetables got a small bucket full of water every night.

leogirl.

connexkev
connexkev Male
A month ago
Yes looking forward to it. Today it's been cloudy and the sun has been out a few times. It's cooler today and a bit windy too
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
I seem to remember that when the native American chief did his rain dance in Hyde park in 1976, it didn't stop bloody raining for another 18 months.  Be careful what you wish for.
Templar2013
Templar2013 Male
A month ago
The hottest days for centuries will be followed by the wettest days in centuries until it's the coldest winter in centuries. This has happened every year for centuries lol.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
A month ago
We had rain in North Essex! We went out early to avoid it and shortly after getting home mid afternoon,  it poured down. My 5 year old granddaughter went out and git soaked, pup looked totally confused (not sure she remembers rain) and I wiped the dusty car windows down with a microfibre cloth!
Samx
Samx Male
A month ago
Let’s hope we don’t get downpours, which will lead to floods. What should happen is a day of soft gentle rain, followed by stronger downpours. However British weather never does anything gentle……
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
A month ago
My car was very dusty so popped it through the car wash.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
A month ago
I wouldn't mind some rain but at the moment I'm looking up hoping the few clouds stay there for most of the day.
leogirl
leogirl Female
A month ago
we had a bit of rain yesterday night at about 9 p.m .
a lot of people in the street walking and enjoying the novelty of the very gentle rain which lasted about 20 minutes.

it refreshed the parched lawn a bit - but it was not enough to get a real soak. the village smells a bit IFFY DRAIN , so hope for a bit more rain today .

leogirl.
ToBeAdvised
ToBeAdvised Male
A month ago
The temp and humidity yesterday in this neck of the woods was awful. It felt more like the far East.  A storm started brewing late afternoon, and we had some localised rain fall about 7pm but the heavens really opened about 9pm. The thing now is that the heat's still here but we've now got damp ground from the rain and that's pushed the humidity up again.  
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
A month ago
TBA, nasty! Its cool and damp here, I'm enjoying it after days of relentless sunshine, it feel restfull and everythings greening up again, it always amazes me how quickly plants recover, unfortunately weeds seem to recover the fastest.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
A month ago
Humidity  - of course,  that's why I have a voice like a chain smoker!
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
woohoo!  It's here, at last.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
A month ago
Yes it was belting down a moment ago but I don't think I'm far from you Minnie.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
A month ago
I think someone must have done a rain dance earlier today as I was caught in two flooded roads in the High Wycombe area. Typical that I had gone out without a jacket grrr!
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
According to the weather map, it was heading in your direction from here, MrQ. It was pretty underwhelming though. Didn't last more than a few minutes and fairly light. Now it feels as hot as ever.
Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
A month ago
The weather will do whatever it wishes.  Rain dances, prayer mats, and wishing for something different is all irrelevant as "Mother Nature" will do exactly as she wishes.  Whether us humans cause the warming of the planet or not, the planet will do what it likes without anyone else's intervention.  
Greencare
Greencare Female
A month ago
You're right there Pylon.

Help with conversations