Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What are you doing?

Right now...

Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Me.. fighting insomnia with a Bacardi.. headphones in.. listening and on and off dancing to my favourite Moloko album (Statues) in the kitchen...
FunkyChicken
FunkyChicken Female
A month ago
Reading this
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
And theeeeeeeen?
FunkyChicken
FunkyChicken Female
A month ago
Going to bed
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
In that case..sleep well..
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
A month ago
Also reading this.
Had a bath; now listening to waves on my lumie lamp, with a backdrop of squeaking puppy.
Wondering why she still protests at being put to bed in her cage, almost 13 weeks on.
We were doing so well until the 2 x 40° days. She has her routine, got her blankets at one end, cool mat and water at the other. Toy octopus, and bedtime bickie - which she never eats until the morning!
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Maybe she doesn't like the cage and wants some love.. 
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
A month ago
I can't leave her loose in my house overnight, it's too hazardous for her.
She gets love all day long, never spends more than an hour in the house on her own.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
I wasn't insinuating she doesn't get love. Dogs are like children. Nobody likes a cage..  
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
It's very clear you have complete adoration for your little puppy girl.. maybe doggy proof a room and try that? Dump the cage?
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
A month ago
Reading this

^ ^ ^ ^
Reading that LOLOL
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
Crating pups is a fairly standard way of helping them feel more secure.
connexkev
connexkev Male
A month ago
Having my first coffee then another one
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
A month ago
'Crating pups is a fairly standard way of helping them feel more secure.'

This is what I'd been told.
She was doing fine, as I said, until those 2 hot days. She was even going in there from choice sometimes.
She does stop once I stop moving around upstairs. Thankfully, my neighbour's deaf.
She woke me at 5, so didn’t spend long in there. Went in the garden, then under the chair in my bedroom for a couple of hours snooze, followed by a walk.
I look upon the cage a bit like a cot or playpen. It's unbelievable what she finds to chew. Thankfully not the furniture!
What am I doing now?
Eating my green porridge and fruit, very slowly.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
A month ago
Slurping coffee and reading this
terry
terry Male
A month ago
Supposed to be getting ready to go out, instead I'm sat here with a pot of tea browsing this site whilst also looking for ideas for writing a birthday card.
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
A month ago
Having a break from sorting my beekeeping equipment and extractor out and waiting for a friend to help lift a super off it's that heavy.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
Having an early lunch and ten I have to go out to collect someone who helps me.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Researching rashes ... I've a blood rash under my skin that I think is a reaction to nasty bite on my elbows.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
13 weeks of whining suggests puppy doesn't like a cage. 
Laura1961
Laura1961 Female
A month ago
Gow

Oh I thought you lived on your own ? and that you work ? So does puppy get taken to a family member daily ?

and yes ! puppy has had enough of her cage. Why is she not sleeping in your bedroom ? or at the very least have a cage in your bedroom ?
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
A month ago
Taking back orders of honey. The girls will better hurry up 🐝 🐝 🐝
FunkyChicken
FunkyChicken Female
A month ago
HowTry moving the crate to a dark quiet corner and cover with a sheet, also put her in the crate for a few minutes during the day and leave the room, she will get used to it again
eurostar
eurostar Female
A month ago
Eating an ice pop lol
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
A month ago
Dogs are as individual as children so only you will know what is best Gow. It is widely accepted that the crates are seen by anima;s as a place of comfirt and refuge, their safe place, so it's worth persevering as long as it's not upsetting the pup. Good advice from FunkyChicken.
It's your companion and much loved animal so go with your heart.

Help with conversations