Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Tip

Of the Iceberg

Kimjongun
Kimjongun Male
A month ago
Not to be seen on main stream news!
Kimjongun
Kimjongun Male
A month ago
https://www.facebook.com/1601814993/videos/808450066837256
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
A month ago
I don't open random links but I don't have to because I know this will be more conspiracy theory rubbish.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Hi Kim..
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
A month ago
I don't open random links but I don't have to because I know this will be more conspiracy theory rubbish.

Of course it will be the same old boring nonsense but on a serious note you are wise not to trust links.
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
A month ago

Of course it will be the same old boring nonsense but on a serious note you are wise not to trust links.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
I might travel to London to take a look...
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
A month ago
Some people are too stupid for their own good. It is worrying.
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
A month ago
NEVER OPEN A LINK ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SOURCE IS SUSPICIOUSLY DODGY LOOKING.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Who are you shouting at NSN? I'll decide if I believe a source to be dodgy or not thanks. 
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
A month ago
Was it addressed to you? I took it to be a general warning to everyone that it is unwise to open a link from an unknown source.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
The people being too stupid for their own good line..yes of course.. NSN loves to troll.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
A month ago
NEVER OPEN A LINK ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SOURCE IS SUSPICIOUSLY DODGY LOOKING
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Yes that's right indeed. However. I don't think the source is dodgy and I've opened it, it is a regular Facebook link to a video. I make my own choices. If I think a source is dodgy of course I wouldn't open it.
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
A month ago

Always the best advice. The main problem with dodgy links is that you have to open them to know they are dodgy
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Everyone knows that. When it comes to dodgy I'd trust Kimjongun's profile more that yours NSN.
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
A month ago

Always the best advice. The main problem with dodgy links is that you have to open them to know they are dodgy

We can only offer what we believe is good advice.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Advice..yes..however, you assume that I'm not cautious online. Who says I'm even using my own device? My own IP address? Many people use VPNs 
tsunamiwarrior
tsunamiwarrior Male
A month ago

We can only offer what we believe is good advice.

That is excellent advice and a great many internet users find there computers infected or they have have been scammed by following an innocent looking link which appears to be from a friendly source.
There are of course users who take sophisticated precautions to prevent this happening but we have seen even those make an error which causes serious problems.
tsunamiwarrior
tsunamiwarrior Male
A month ago
What Happens If You Click on a Phishing Link?
Clicking on a phishing link or opening an attachment in one of these messages may install malware, like viruses, spyware or ransomware, on your device. This is all done behind the scenes, so it is undetectable to the average user.

Most of feel confident most of the time but these warnings online remind us that some very clever people are out their wanting access to your information.
SQL
SQL Male
A month ago
It's just another anti-vaccination tirade, I must admit I did laugh looking at a screen-grab of this offering. On the placard was a line "Say no to the prick" and immediately I thought of the OP !!

He/She/It can't help behaving this way, continual exposure to this type of rubbish had addle what brain cells there were into a tangled mess that's un-salvageable now.

SQL
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
A month ago
"Say no to the prick"  says it all.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
A month ago
I do seriously believe that when you do expose yourself to this type of continuous nonsense it can affect you mentally.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
SQL.. ignoring the online safety warnings! The video isn't just about vaccines he raises other points that gathered my interest. Protest in general is an interest if mine.curious.
BlackMark1
BlackMark1 Male
A month ago
The OP here and on previous occasions is posting the rubbish which scares people and encourages them not to take the necessary precautions with their health. I remember very well MMR.  I would like to see this deliberate scaremongering banned.

Help with conversations