Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Holiday season?

Home or away?

CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
2 months ago
I'm undecided.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
I don't go on holiday, I'm blessed enough to live on Anglesey.
JustKatie
JustKatie Female
2 months ago
I prefer almost everything about a UK holiday compared to foreign holidays except the obvious one of weather although I can't stand very days. 
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
2 months ago
I go on adventure holidays abroad when the kids are back at school.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
2 months ago
I have a much younger relative into his action holidays. Mountaineering, rock face climbing, potholing, abseiling, hang gliding and lots of others. He goes away three or four times each year and often to Scotland which he rates the best place in the world.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
2 months ago
I've had a week in North Devon this year and two weeks in Northumberland.  Still haven't got round to flying again.  Maybe next year.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I would usually go away around 5 times a year. Never travelled on my own though. Considering going somewhere for a couple of nights in August. It's likely to not be very far to begin with, and has to accept dogs. I can go in lots of directions from here though.
leogirl
leogirl Female
2 months ago
a short holiday again in the U. K. next year a long visit to the Netherlands to see family. 
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
I have a much younger relative into his action holidays. Mountaineering, rock face climbing, potholing, abseiling, hang gliding and lots of others. He goes away three or four times each year and often to Scotland which he rates the best place in the world.

I wish I had that much energy LOLOL
Molly
Molly Female
2 months ago
I've travelled a lot but I'm beginning to appreciate the UK a lot more now. 
eurostar
eurostar Female
2 months ago
My passport ran out during lockdown, so haven't renewed and with the planes not always behaving I think I.ll leave it a while, so staycation for me lol
Youthful_Yosef
Youthful_Yosef Male
2 months ago
A lot of tourists come from all around the world to visit the area I live in.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
I also have to renew my passport .. but I do have some time coming up in August and I'd like to take a few random trips..or just one trip for a few days..
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
I don't have a passport anymore either, I only used the last one once and the one before that twice.
Mazer
Mazer Male
2 months ago
I've been thinking about a holiday in Scotland with a bit of climbing and walking. 
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
if you want to spend a holiday sitting round the pool drinking wine and getting a suntan then the UK isn't the place.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
2 months ago
I've tended to take foreign holidays but I'm not sure why as I'm not a sun worshipper and I could do all the same things in the UK.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
Most of the places I fancy visiting around the world arn't hot places, I quite fancy some of the Scandinavian countries, I'd love to go and see the Osberg ship and the Viking archeology, likewise I fancy going to Orkney and Shetland here.
Templar2013
Templar2013 Male
2 months ago
Iceland is one of the best places I have visited and I hope I will travel there many more times. 
RAACH84
RAACH84 Female
2 months ago
I would love to holiday in Iceland.
Greencare
Greencare Female
2 months ago
I would like to try Iceland but I would need to buy a lot of winter clothes first.  I feel cold when I go in Iceland shops. 
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
2 months ago
It's been an odd year for me so far with little travelling for work or pleasure but next Friday I'm off to Brighton for a week.
JustKatie
JustKatie Female
2 months ago
Brighton is my home town you can buy me a drink haha. It's a special weekend too.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
"Love is in the air" 
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I don't have a valid passport right now and don't want to renew it until I've decided what last name I'm using. I'd like to go somewhere dog friendly within 2 hours drive of 'here'. Really odd as I spent years looking for places that didn't accept dogs due to OH's allergy. 

Help with conversations