Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Do you wear pjs?

What do you do in your pjs?

CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
2 months ago
Shopping?
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
No, so next question is superfluous.  I have seen people shopping in their pj's.  I hope to god the men have underwear on!
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
It depends on the heat.. girl boxers and a cami top usually in the heat, in the heat less is best, pyjamas more in cooler weather. No I'd never ever go shopping In pyjamas!
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
I've got a couple of long Indian mens shirts I wear as nighties in summer and cotton flannel night shirts for cooler weather. I lounge about the house in them.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
2 months ago
I wear loungewear which is similar to pyjamas and have ventured as far as the local garage in it.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
My 'loungewear' is a dressing gown. I hide if my neighbour is in his back garden the same time as I'm in mine - he's er, likely to comment!
Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
I always sleep naked. I find the sloppy wearing a pyjamas and other unsightly cloths to shop, taking children to school, etc., an unacceptable lowering of standards by the lower classes.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
Is it OK when the middle and upper classses do it then Sam?
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
2 months ago
Posh pjs lol.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Perhaps if they wear Crocs or Birkenstocks, it will become socially acceptable.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Questioning your standards Sam if that's how you stereotype people.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
2 months ago
Is it OK when the middle and upper classses do it then Sam?

Yes of course. Out and about in your pjs is pefectly acceptable if wearing nice shiny brogues lol.
Mazer
Mazer Male
2 months ago
I lolled thinking bout the pjs and brogues. 
Sea
Sea Female
2 months ago
No, never ever wear Pj's not since a child. Always thought of them as passion killers, although no passion around now. But I tend to just wear a t-shirty nightdress, or thin spaghettie strapped satin one. Would never dream of going anywhere outside the house in night attire.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
It would be interesting to know how Samx defines class and the clothing appropriate to each class?

I've chased sheep invading the garden whilst wearing a silky nighty and dressing gown and a pair of wellies, I hope the sheep didn't get any idea, lol.
CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
2 months ago
lol @ wonderoushen
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I have been known to go in the garden in my dressing gown and wellies. But we've already ascertained I'm not posh!
terry
terry Male
2 months ago
I frequently can't make out which are jammies and which are normal day clothes now
connexkev
connexkev Male
2 months ago
I haven't worn pyjamas since I was a young child. In a lot of old black and white films they seemed to be the norm when going to bed. When I stayed with my friend in London I was amazed to see young women going to the corner shop in their dressing gown and didn't seem to care less about it.
terry
terry Male
2 months ago
'Round here it does seem to be women more often than men who do that - go out in their jammies
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
2 months ago
I've never seen a man shopping in his pjs lol.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I have! 
Youthful_Yosef
Youthful_Yosef Male
2 months ago
I havent either but I've seen dozens of women driving the kids to school and shopping in night attire.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
2 months ago
I havent either but I've seen dozens of women driving the kids to school and shopping in night attire.

I know a few who do that. They take the kids to school then return home still comfy in their pjs. Not long ago I walked into town with a mother and daughter, both in dressing gowns, and they didnt attract any strange looks. I think most "emergency" evening trips are for cigarettes or drink LOLOL

Help with conversations