Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Who's online...

Do you ever look, find it's just you and one other ...

G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
.... feel uncomfortable, and leave?
Is it just me?
Wouldn't be surprised!
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
Nope I'm not fussed either way... People don't appear online if they hide their profiles even if they are, and I've blocked some users, they wouldn't show up in the who's online segment.
terry
terry Male
4 months ago
I frequently look, mainly to see if one particular occasional poster is on so I can see his/her profile which is hidden when using the search facility.

Do I leave? other things mean I manage to get on for a few minutes at a time then have to get back to doing other stuff, but it's not because of the numbers online, there are few on at 03:00 or thereabouts.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
I was here around 4am - me and one gent. I didn't stay.  
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
Why? Sometimes I do look for a specific person online and usually end up accidentally clicking on profiles in the process.. 
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
Because I needed sleep, and there was no new conversation  - and wasn't going to be!
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
4 months ago
If I'm on the site I usually have a look at who's online.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
4 months ago
I often look in the morning to see if I'm the only one here LOLOL 
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
It used to be the case that there were always quite a few signed in - sometimes lots and lots. Not now. Sorry to anyone who got tapped on again yesterday, when I fell asleep scrolling - again. Very bad habit. Pup is all 'Sorry for waking you early - here have my octopus who's been dunked in my water' today. She dropped him on my face while on the sofa. 
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
4 months ago
Ten men and three women logged on at the moment but there could be many more who are still logged inbut not showing which happens if you are inactive for a while.  I dont know if writing a private message brings you bck onto the list.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
' I dont know if writing a private message brings you bck onto the list.'

No idea tbh.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
4 months ago
I do look sometimes.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
I don't think private messages makes any difference to the online list does it? I tend to have a look when lol looking for someone specific.. but who's online might now really even be present .they could be logged in and have forgotten about it, which I do quite lot.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
Just me 'n' 5 blokes!
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
I can't see why that's an issue.. it's not like you're in an actual room.on your own with five strangers! Lol
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
Do you know one of the things I dislike about the written word? Lack of intonation. I'm old(er), and I'm a  tad arsey. Maybe I should've added a wink. 'Just me 'n' 5 blokes, nudge nudge, wink wink'
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
It's not like you're on you're own in a room with five blokes ...wink wink nudge nudge rofl
Eljer
Eljer Male
4 months ago
Stop it now children.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
I was, at work, only yesterday. Oh, pic's up - not saying any more about new bloke ;-) nudge nudge....
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
But Elj, we're only playing ;p
Eljer
Eljer Male
4 months ago
Oh, is that how a couple of posh girls play lol
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
Elj.. you need to get your putty rubber and remove whatever that post girls image is out of your mind...
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
Posh girls
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
4 months ago
Posh? What makes you think I'm posh?
You've ne'er so much as heard my dulcet tones.
I live in Essex! (Sorry to all the real Essex girls on here, I like living here, don't boot me out!)
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
4 months ago
I prefer post girls lol.  Nudge wink nudge. 

Help with conversations