Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Blocking

New questions lol

MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
You're out of date and out of the picture salty me ol' sea mate. The blocking is more or less a thing of the past and I watch the site fairly closely and have not seen the bitching or the backstabbing you mention.

I did see a bit of weeding though.
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
Don't encourage the troll MyQuiet for eljers sake. There's already been two chased off the site and all isn't what it seems.
salty
salty Female
3 months ago
Comment removed.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
It's not nice being thought of as a troll so it's worthwhile thinking before we post so we don't give that impression.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
How interesting.  I wonder what I did to upset our maritime friend.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
How interesting.  I wonder what I did to upset our maritime friend.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
Unless he got booted.
connexkev
connexkev Male
3 months ago
All the comments from the poster in Ireland have disappeared and the profile has gone too
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
What you been up to Minnie? LOLOL
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
No idea, Mr Hot. You know me, I don't go looking for trouble.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
Thanks, Kev. I thought it was something that I had done, but couldn't figure what. I'm sure he will be back.
Molly
Molly Female
3 months ago
Arnie?
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
3 months ago
Haste la vista Molly :)
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
3 months ago
You all love it, don't you? Being nasty and bitchy, I mean.

You don't have the intellect to engage in deep and meaningful discussion but you all LOVE fighting amongst yourselves.

BRAVO!
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
I doubt you know the half of it Beach nor the judgemental lot. I was so incensed at what had been going on in the background I just let rip and tore a shred out of them which is unlike me. I tend to be pretty placid that way and wasn't going to post.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
3 months ago
It's just the usual internet chat which is sometimes friendly and sometimes unfriendly. Everyone thinks they are the intellectual and the others are the bitches.

ENCORE!
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
It wasn't though Neros. Evidently you haven't seen the background have wheels will travel!
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
OK, sat on my hands for long enough.  I think you have to face it tob, your friend was called out on a disgraceful bit of bullying and then bleated victim when she was called out.  There are people who are happy to dish it out, but don't have the self awareness to take it on board when it is pointed out to them.  I think she came out of it rather lightly tbh.  It is never acceptable to follow someone from thread to thread goading them for a response.  You are not helping by continuing to poke your stick into the termite mound.  
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
If you've seen the background you will know what I'm alluding to...
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
Minnie they are both my friends and I've seen both. I'd let it rest but both were chased off the site, neither are totally innocent.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
3 months ago
Why do you think it was only you who saw the background beeman? Many of us did so. I liked the lady involved but she was a bully and she did drive another member off the site with her bullying. I agree with Minnie and think you would do yourself and everyone involved a favour by letting the sorry experience be forgotten.
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
Did you get pm's and contacts from all sides it wasn't just both sides... I doubt it. It's been difficult being peace maker in the background and I have been relying on someone else who I find trustworthy to take counsel to help me go off and make my decisions. It's been a nasty, nasty thread that slid off another and you should all be ashamed. I was trying to keep out of it but I just snapped and if you look I told Pixie to back off ("I think the wise thing to do is step away from the keyboard before you dig yourself a deeper hole. Activism needs you but that doesn't mean that you have to shout the loudest rather than use those skills and values you have to get them on side.", "Please build bridges again. I send out a plea to hold out that hand of friendship.") and (" I also think that others can hold out that hand of friendship to help build those bridges") rather than get sanctimonious. I regretted mentioning Laura but it was too late. I messaged her to apologise. They are all my friends, I know Gow from the past when she was considering coming to the Chocolate Festival I was organising. However, I also know that Gow had been goading in the background trying to drag in a 3rd party. I was left being peacemaker both on and off thread. I've had a message from a long term poster considering leaving because of the current toxic nature. I'm walking away now because of the judgemental nature. I know that people don't like to hear some home truths. Beach is right... Well Done!
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
3 months ago
Why do you think it was only you who saw the background beeman? Many of us did so. I liked the lady involved but she was a bully and she did drive another member off the site with her bullying. I agree with Minnie and think you would do yourself and everyone involved a favour by letting the sorry experience be forgotten.

I wrote that a short time ago and think it's time for everyone to move on no matter how hard done by they feel.
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
Neros, I very much doubt that you have been speaking to her in the background on the phone in order to implore her to build bridges with others despite having her hands full with her Autisic daughter which she tried before being chased off the site. Anyway it's time to let this sorry saga drop.
ShavedFish
ShavedFish Male
3 months ago
As an observer more than a participator. All i saw was a puppy being caged and crying to get out. A shocked reaction, that stirred a defensive response. Then followed by a cartel of shallow minded faux outrage. What a shame some have nothing better to do with themselves, than over reaction over indifference and debate. Rest in peace MSE.

Help with conversations