Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Blocking

New questions lol

Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
5 months ago
I seem to have been blocked by a new poster, not that I care I was going to block them. Oh what fun

You and me both. And as you say "oh what fun"!!

Never mind there are plenty of others available to read what is posted.
salty
salty Female
5 months ago
Comment removed.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
5 months ago
I read the forum more than I write and I don't think I have ever upset anyone but I was blocked by the same woman as everyone else seems to be blocked by. it doesn't bother me but it definitely made me ask myself why.
I shall miss Gow and her contributions to the forum as she began several good threads and seemed like a very nice person. I didnt see the bullying of her at the time but since reading back I agree that it was disgusting. I agreed with the methods she was trying to use to train her young puppy and it was obvious she wanted to do her best for the animal but even if I had disagreed I would not have resorterd to such nastiness.

That is a good post and I fully understand you. Let's hope the forum will revert back to the cheerful and happy place we used to enjoy.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
5 months ago
I read the forum more than I write and I don't think I have ever upset anyone but I was blocked by the same woman as everyone else seems to be blocked by. it doesn't bother me but it definitely made me ask myself why.
I shall miss Gow and her contributions to the forum as she began several good threads and seemed like a very nice person. I didnt see the bullying of her at the time but since reading back I agree that it was disgusting. I agreed with the methods she was trying to use to train her young puppy and it was obvious she wanted to do her best for the animal but even if I had disagreed I would not have resorterd to such nastiness.

That is a good post and I fully understand you. Let's hope the forum will revert back to the cheerful and happy place we used to enjoy.
salty
salty Female
5 months ago
Comment removed.
tsunamiwarrior
tsunamiwarrior Male
5 months ago
I don't think anyone is interested in your childish behaviour salty or whether you are pretending to be female. If you want to join in the forum why not just do so.
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
I don't think that anyone is particularly bothered with a troll from outside Great Britain trying to stir up discontent tsunamiwarrior. They just can't resist coming up with childish comments. I'm sure it's really easy to goad them into responding to posts, they just can't resist a response. Just watch this space... ;-)
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
5 months ago
Indeed the-omniscient-beeman.

I don't understand why anyone would join a dating/friendship site if the are not interested in dating or friendship? Why would they join to be miserable or to spread misery? It makes no sense to me.
I've been here a while and look at it as a source of fun and interesting post/messages and an opportunity to interact with others I like and I'm friendly with. I don't chat privately to many but those I do chat with are nice people and I'm interested in what they have to say. I've met plenty of members on a friendship basis and I have never met a member of this site who was not likeable. I've also dated and the same applies with everyone I have met have been special in some way.

I know the site isn't what it was but then what is? Progress happens to us and around us all the time and it's a case of taking advantage and enjoying what is here now, not moaning about what used to be.

I still like the site and I like the fact it hasn't got links and emojis and bits popping up all over the place. I hope to stay here for a while yet and make even more friends or (you never know) or meet for a date lol.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
5 months ago
I guess its how some people get thier jollies PNG. I too like the lack of emoji's and bits popping up
BlackMark1
BlackMark1 Male
5 months ago
png you should be in charge of mse advertising lol and I agree with both of you that site is better in its present basic format.
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
I don't know what upsets you so much fosy about the only communication I had with you in 2019 when I was trying to find out what was going on since I was over in the hospital at the time doing 1:1 nursing sessions as an Alzheimer's primary carer. I had my hands full at the time being a 24/7 primary carer...

---Sent: 12-Aug-2019 12:43

Do you know what all this vitriol tw has against me? I seem to have upset the king of his little castle. I've not been on recently because I've been helping out the nurses all day and well into the evening; sometimes night under "John's Campaign" with LO being in hospital. If not there I tend to have resided on "Dementia Angels" fb group supporting each other. As the tag line goes "held together with duct tape" :)
He seems to have a bee in his bonnet and trying to go headlong into getting banned. I'm just rather bemused that's all.

12-Aug-2019 13:04

sorry bris i cant help you with this one, i only see what you see.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
5 months ago
I don't understand why anyone would join a dating/friendship site if the are not interested in dating or friendship? Why would they join to be miserable or to spread misery? It makes no sense to me.
I've been here a while and look at it as a source of fun and interesting post/messages and an opportunity to interact with others I like and I'm friendly with. I don't chat privately to many but those I do chat with are nice people and I'm interested in what they have to say. I've met plenty of members on a friendship basis and I have never met a member of this site who was not likeable. I've also dated and the same applies with everyone I have met have been special in some way.

I know the site isn't what it was but then what is? Progress happens to us and around us all the time and it's a case of taking advantage and enjoying what is here now, not moaning about what used to be.

I still like the site and I like the fact it hasn't got links and emojis and bits popping up all over the place. I hope to stay here for a while yet and make even more friends or (you never know) or meet for a date lol.

I feel the same png and have made plenty of friends on here. I don't have much to moan about.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
Well, it's a lovely sunny day today and I have a birthday lunch to get ready for.  :)
jpv
jpv Male
5 months ago
Beautiful and sunny here too. Enjoy your birthday lunch.
connexkev
connexkev Male
5 months ago
It's cloudy here but the sun is trying to come through. Enjoy the birthday lunch Minnie.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
5 months ago
Happy birthday to you - happy birthday to you - :o)
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
Thank you, lovely people.  Actually, the birthday lunch is a day late, due to some bad planning.  lol  I went to a concert last night instead.  If I had the lunch yesterday, it would have meant sleeping off the lunch time prosecco, instead of going to the concert.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
5 months ago
I think spreading your birthday across a whole weekend is perfectly reasonable, enjoy your lunch.

I think I will play in the garden today.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
5 months ago
Play in the garden?
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
5 months ago
Yes, Neros, playing in the dirt in the garden, otherwise known as weeding, lol.
Greencare
Greencare Female
5 months ago
Haha.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
5 months ago
I didnt know anyone enjoyed weeding LOLOL
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
5 months ago
Weeding can be quite theraputic, stabbing at the soil with a trowel and pulling stuff up by the roots, even chasing a long root right down into the soil is quite satisfying and it clears space and I can see if I need to buy MORE plants. Seriously though I can get up close and personal with my plants and the soil and see how they're doing, what the biodiversity is like, what I can do to improve the soil or work with the conditions I have such as dry and free draining areas.
Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
5 months ago
I can also concur that weeding is therapeutic. It can take your anger away from you and do some good in the garden. It is a lot more beneficial to society to do some weeding than throttling the life out of somebody that greatly annoys you.
salty
salty Female
5 months ago
Comment removed.

Help with conversations