Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Blocking

New questions lol

TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
Pixie, I wasn't going to post on this thread but as a friend and former
carer as well as having health issues myself being classed as a
vulnerable person I think it I'm in a unique position to step in as I
know what it's like to get a good kicking from life in general. I'm a
member of Four Paws and as I'm sure everyone knows I feel very strongly
about animal welfare and has an extreme love of nature. I often say that
I prefer animals to people because at least I understand animals. I
don't think I would be a beekeeper if I wasn't. There's a time and a
place to pick your fights and this is not one of them. I think the wise
thing to do is step away from the keyboard before you dig yourself a
deeper hole. Activism needs you but that doesn't mean that you have to
shout the loudest rather than use those skills and values you have to
get them on side. I don't hate you and I think that you can build
bridges with others again. I also think that others can hold out that
hand of friendship to help build those bridges, I too think those cages
are abhorrent but I think that you have made your opinion clear to all. I
notice that after escalating the thread Laura has walked away and left
you to carry the can. Please build bridges again. I send out a plea to
hold out that hand of friendship. Why not use your talents with the
power of art to make people stand back and think where you can make a
statement? Sometimes pubs and cafes will accept them for their walls
where it might help people to think if you don't get chance in an
exhibition. Before now I've been in pubs and cafes where there's a price
tag on them where people can purchase them. You can still help change
the world.
Laura1961
Laura1961 Female
5 months ago
t.o.b.

Nothing else for me to say on this thread so far.

As I had replied to Gow after she addressed both myself and Pixiefluff.

Later I replied with the following, when there were several comments wanting the thread to end / continue any discussion by p.m.

' I disagree, in the past there has been bullying by p.m.'s. and I guess / know it still goes on.

So personally I would rather say something directly to someone's face i.e. on a thread, so nothing is hidden or misunderstood or altered, and I like the same in return. '

Finally I pointed out to Pixiefluff that both she and I had been unblocked by Gow at that time, whether this is still true I don't know.
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
Why not channel your energy and report any illegal puppy trading to Four Paws?
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
https://bit.ly/3K0XkxO
Molly
Molly Female
5 months ago
the-omniscient-beeman Male
3 hours ago
Pixie, I wasn't going to post on this thread but as a friend and former
carer as well as having health issues myself being classed as a
vulnerable person I think it I'm in a unique position to step in as I
know what it's like to get a good kicking from life in general. I'm a
member of Four Paws and as I'm sure everyone knows I feel very strongly
about animal welfare and has an extreme love of nature. I often say that
I prefer animals to people because at least I understand animals. I
don't think I would be a beekeeper if I wasn't. There's a time and a
place to pick your fights and this is not one of them. I think the wise
thing to do is step away from the keyboard before you dig yourself a
deeper hole. Activism needs you but that doesn't mean that you have to
shout the loudest rather than use those skills and values you have to
get them on side. I don't hate you and I think that you can build
bridges with others again. I also think that others can hold out that
hand of friendship to help build those bridges, I too think those cages
are abhorrent but I think that you have made your opinion clear to all. I
notice that after escalating the thread Laura has walked away and left
you to carry the can. Please build bridges again. I send out a plea to
hold out that hand of friendship. Why not use your talents with the
power of art to make people stand back and think where you can make a
statement? Sometimes pubs and cafes will accept them for their walls
where it might help people to think if you don't get chance in an
exhibition. Before now I've been in pubs and cafes where there's a price
tag on them where people can purchase them. You can still help change
the world.

What a good post.
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
I just hope the rest of you being so sanctimonious are proud of yourselves. I'm very disgusted that not one but two people have been targetted in this thread and said that to me that they are planning on leaving. I'm walking away now after seeing all the judgemental posts before I say anything I regret. You should be hanging your heads in shame at what is supposed to be a friendship site. You should be trying to build bridges not chase another off the site. Hen was right it turned into a nasty thread, nobody but nobody should be so judgemental about anybody's freedom of choice as to who they block. None of us are angels, so well done you lot.
CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
5 months ago
The bullying had absolutely nothing to do with blocking. GOW was bullied because another poster disapproved of how she looked after her puppy.
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
Did I say anything about bullying? No! You did. You say just ONE poster... I think not or have you got Laura on block? Much has slid across from another thread. What about others who can't resist sly digs? I could list many but it's pointless posting to a blind person. Evidently the posters concerned didn't pm you. I said that there was a lot of sanctimonious posts as if they were all innocent and never had strong opinions on things and only one person was guilty. I've seen many chased off this site, some being accused of being trolls before they've had the chance of writing a second post and I have held my tongue. I notice that Jeff is trying to stir the pot after hen's post but he has teflon shoulders. I kept out of it until I got fed up of the sanctimonious posts. I have had pm's from more than one person saying that they were thinking of leaving because of the unfriendliness and sanctimonious. There's been many over the years. I'm not getting into a petty spat. I won't lower myself. Judge not lest ye be judged.
salty
salty Female
5 months ago
Comment removed.
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
"youve done nothing but upset and bully people and go around spreading
rumours , then report people who stick up to you to admin and get them
banned, its about time admin woke up to you,"

I rest my case...
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
It doesn't pay to be in my line of sight "salty" (or whoever you were before) with your sanctimonious posts. Judge not lest ye be judged.
Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
5 months ago
It doesn't pay to be in my line of sight "salty" (or whoever you were before) with your sanctimonious posts. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Talk about the kettle calling the pot.

If there was a sanctimonious poster on these boards then you t.o.b. take the cake and eat it. Many times in the last 14 months I ( and I mean myself) have been on the receiving end of your sanctimonious drivel telling me when I am wrong when you know nothing of my circumstances or situation. As you have indicated many times you have a disability, but even taking your disability into account it still doesn't give you the right to judge others by your own standards, or the standards that you perceive others should adhere too.

I think that you beeman should take a good long hard look at yourself before casting any aspersions about others, as from where I am siting you are too damn "Holier Than Thou".

If, by some quirk of fate you do not like people coming out with criticisms about you or your so called "buddies", try not to dish out criticisms of others.
Greencare
Greencare Female
5 months ago
Most of those who have been blocked for no reason gave said we accept that even though it seems a bit daft and nobody has made a big deal about the blocking.
The disgust and disapproval has been for the bullying of Gow because a couple of posters disagreed with her ways of looking after her pet dog. The bullying was awful and many members who rarely speak out on such matters voiced their disgust.
Bullying can never be acceptable and Pixiefluff and another poster to a lesser extent were guilty of unwarranted and unfair bullying. No surprise that Gow left the site.
Greencare
Greencare Female
5 months ago
Most of those who have been blocked for no reason gave said we accept that even though it seems a bit daft and nobody has made a big deal about the blocking.
The disgust and disapproval has been for the bullying of Gow because a couple of posters disagreed with her ways of looking after her pet dog. The bullying was awful and many members who rarely speak out on such matters voiced their disgust.
Bullying can never be acceptable and Pixiefluff and another poster to a lesser extent were guilty of unwarranted and unfair bullying. No surprise that Gow left the site.
salty
salty Female
5 months ago
Comment removed.
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
Pylon before you get in your ivory tower I referred to this thread only which until that point I had only reached out. I went on to say that in this grand scheme of things "none of us are angels" which included myself so perhaps you should get out of your glass house and read my post in full before throwing stones.
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
BTW Did they message you as well?
TheOmniscientBeeman
TheOmniscientBeeman Male
5 months ago
BTW Did they message you as well?
Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
5 months ago
Pylon before you get in your ivory tower I referred to this thread only which until that point I had only reached out. I went on to say that in this grand scheme of things "none of us are angels" which included myself so perhaps you should get out of your glass house and read my post in full before throwing stones.

Still doesn't get away from the fact that you bee man; are one of the most sanctimonious posters on this supposed "Friendship" site.

I am surprised that you read that piece as I was under the impression that you had me on "block" a while back; or did you remove the "block" when I was inactive for the past 3 months.
CircusMaximus
CircusMaximus Male
5 months ago
I was disappointed to see this awful thread still around this morning. With regards to blocking I don't see there is anything more admin can do without it being unfair on those who are blocked for no logical reason. I'm one of the many you have blocked PixieFluff and I have no idea why as I have cerrtainly never fallen out with you or been unfair or rude to you and you know better than anyone else how many others are as confused as I am.
If admin blocked me for being rude or behaving inappropriately then I would accept any lessening of my enjoyment on the site would be my own fault but that is not the case. However I have not complained and I accept that within your own mind you have your reason.

Although the thread is titled blocking that has not been what turned it nasty or what most other members of the site saw as very unfair and nasty. That was the worst bullying I have seen on this site since I joined. All because someone else thought they knew their own animal better than you knew their animal. Not just bullied but continuously bullied and driven off the site.

I would have thought you would be the last person to revive any memory of that disgusting incident.

Well written.
fosy
fosy Male
5 months ago
unfortunately another member has beaten me to a phrase i was going to use...but i,ll use it anyway.

so mr.bris is preaching from his pulpit again, being "holier than thou", but people need to know how slimy he can be.

imagine my muted surprise, when back in 2019 i received a PM out of the blue from mr.bris...someone i had not interacted with hence the mild surprise.
the purpose of the mail was to dig the dirt on another member he was having trouble with [theres a theme here,isnt there!], but he got no change out of me.
now, if he,s doing this with someone he,s never contacted before [me], how many other members is he approaching in the background?
thats such a low down thing to do, imo, he could crawl under the belly of a snake and not disturb it.

now, mr. bris,s MO is to try and twist words and meanings, and if that dont work, to play the "woe is me card", but i am quite happy to put the date of that PM or to c&p it if necessary, if that is what mr.bris wants...because its the truth.
fosy
fosy Male
5 months ago
"It doesn't pay to be in my line of sight "salty" (or whoever you were before) with your sanctimonious posts. Judge not lest ye be judged."

see, above....
salty
salty Female
5 months ago
Comment removed.
JustKatie
JustKatie Female
5 months ago
I read the forum more than I write and I don't think I have ever upset anyone but I was blocked by the same woman as everyone else seems to be blocked by. it doesn't bother me but it definitely made me ask myself why.
I shall miss Gow and her contributions to the forum as she began several good threads and seemed like a very nice person. I didnt see the bullying of her at the time but since reading back I agree that it was disgusting. I agreed with the methods she was trying to use to train her young puppy and it was obvious she wanted to do her best for the animal but even if I had disagreed I would not have resorterd to such nastiness.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
5 months ago
I seem to have been blocked by a new poster, not that I care I was going to block them. Oh what fun

Help with conversations