Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Blocking

New questions lol

Laura1961
Laura1961 Female
5 months ago
Pixiefluff

Ah you are obiv so stunned by the p.m. you received that you missed the following in the post from Gow...

'You are now both unblocked because admin want evidence from me.'
Greencare
Greencare Female
5 months ago
Why is the bullying and sniping continuing? Surely it can all be said in private.
Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
5 months ago
Why is the bullying and sniping continuing? Surely it can all be said in private.

Exactly.
Laura1961
Laura1961 Female
5 months ago
I disagree, in the past there has been bullying by p.m.'s. and I guess / know it still goes on.

So personally I would rather say something directly to someone's face i.e. on a thread, so nothing is hidden or misunderstood or altered, and I like the same in return.
Greencare
Greencare Female
5 months ago
Pylon2021 Sex icon 16-Aug-2022 15:46

Exactly.

The question on many lips I expect.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
5 months ago
Well I've just had a message from GOW saying she's left the site because she's sick of all the nastiness, so well done you lot.
Templar2013
Templar2013 Male
5 months ago
It's depressing and shaeful to see anyone bullied to the extent she was and I'm not surprised she left the site.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
I haven't been reading much of this until now. What evidence? The pot is being stirred behind the scenes I'm sure. And everyone is only seeing what that profile wants you to see.

I've been blocked and unblocked so that particular user can send nasty messages when it suits. Why do that? Currently I cannot double block that user and they're browsing my profile as it suits too, whilst simultaneously asking for sympathy on threads they're causing issues behind the scenes.

The only message I've sent is suggesting that user to grow up, after sending me a very silly nasty message that was designed to provoke that response.

Some people just LOVE dramatics I do not. When I block someone that's it. Done. End of.
Greencare
Greencare Female
5 months ago
Why stir the pot again? Nothing was behind the scenes it was all perfectly clear in the forum. Why not just give it a rest.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
It's a sad day to see someone hounded off the site.  That was very badly done.  I really hope not to see that done again.
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
5 months ago
It was a very sad day and the nastiest and most blatant example of bullying I've had the horror to experience on this site. The ethics of the sanctimonious. The ethics of someone having to prove they are always right and by default others must be wrong. The ethics of someone who blocks half the site from posting and commenting on her threads and if that doesn't stop them then drive them from the site altogether.

Perhaps the many members who have asked in the forum, and undoubtedly the many more remaining silent, "Why has she blocked me when I've done nothing wrong" should be grateful they are blocked.
Greencare
Greencare Female
5 months ago
I didn't think I would agree with one of your posts NeverSayNever but you are right on this occasion. I'm one of those many who asked why they had been blocked from commenting on PFs posts but now realise more than ever it's because I didn't always agree with her.
These awful incidents set the forum back into a miserable mode and away from the friendly chat so it's bad for everyone.

Minnie sums it up and once again I hope we can move on

It's a sad day to see someone hounded off the site. That was very badly done. I really hope not to see that done again.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
It shouldn't matter who I block or why, it's nobody's buisness. There will be a reason. I control who can and can't view my profile. It's my choice, site security is very flaky. I've been blocked by people it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It doesn't make an ounce of difference, people who are blocked by anyone or who have been blocked still have the ability to post on any threads, mine included. These blocking issues have been raised with admin by me several times and requested to be fixed a long time ago.

I've had plenty of nastiness from other posters in the past particularly from specific posters...both of them post or troll on my threads regardless. Nobody says anything about that. However when I have a spat with someone it's quite the reverse. I've noticed when it's other posters having a strong point of view or even some being nasty it seems quite allowable.

I've disagreed and debated with plenty of people on threads and not blocked them. I treat this site as I would other social media, and and simply remove people I wouldn't want to have access my account or threads. Once the blocking system and reading offline glitch is fixed these issues wouldn't be able to occur.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
5 months ago
I was disappointed to see this awful thread still around this morning. With regards to blocking I don't see there is anything more admin can do without it being unfair on those who are blocked for no logical reason. I'm one of the many you have blocked PixieFluff and I have no idea why as I have cerrtainly never fallen out with you or been unfair or rude to you and you know better than anyone else how many others are as confused as I am.
If admin blocked me for being rude or behaving inappropriately then I would accept any lessening of my enjoyment on the site would be my own fault but that is not the case. However I have not complained and I accept that within your own mind you have your reason.

Although the thread is titled blocking that has not been what turned it nasty or what most other members of the site saw as very unfair and nasty. That was the worst bullying I have seen on this site since I joined. All because someone else thought they knew their own animal better than you knew their animal. Not just bullied but continuously bullied and driven off the site.

I would have thought you would be the last person to revive any memory of that disgusting incident.
fosy
fosy Male
5 months ago
A very good post, Andromeda.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
I would have thought if you have had it happen to you and you didn't like it, you might be more aware of the impact it has on others if you do the same thing to them.  I don't see you as any kind of an innocent victim, Pixie.  You seem to have a lot of conflict on here and from where I sit, you have been every bit as responsible as they for continuing the antagonism.  You've managed to get rid of two people off here in a short space of time.  If you keep up present rate of progress there will be none of us left very soon.   Of course, if you see nothing wrong with your behaviour, then nothing will change, and I am just pissing in the wind.  I've said more than I would normally say in such a situation, and I won't comment on it further.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
Am I being bullied because of my blocking choices? So many users seem to have an openly voiced problem with it on this thread. Pixiefluff this.. PF that.. is it a wonder I come back to the thread to have my say with all of this name using to openly talk behind my back. That could easily be classed as bullying, or are you just spitting your opinions too?

like I said if the blocking system worked properly there would be no issue and no reason to involve admin. Because you wouldn't see or hear from that user again.

Another user has decided to leave the site of her own doing not mine. She's admitted to blocking and then deliberately unblocking so she can send nasty private messages.

That situation turned from a spat about animal rights into something completely else because that user also started a thread to stir the pot even moreso, which other users were happy to join in with. Other responses fuel a fire too.

I've lost plenty of loved ones in my own life too, and it angers me that people assume that other people haven't experienced loss and death or hard times. (2020 alone brought two very close family members deaths and a friend's suicide) ...however that's completely irrelevant to anything.
Molly
Molly Female
5 months ago
You're not being bullied at all PixieFluff you are being criticised for your abhorrent behaviour in bullying others. As Minnie said if you cannot see your own faults then there is no hope but driving others from the site cannot be acceptable whatever your standards.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
I haven't gotten rid of anyone at all, who Minnie? I've reported people who continued to give grief after being blocked a long time ago. And in all fairness if the blocking system worked I wouldn't have had to report anything at all. 
FBF_Peace
FBF_Peace Male
5 months ago
You're not being bullied at all PixieFluff you are being criticised for your abhorrent behaviour in bullying others. As Minnie said if you cannot see your own faults then there is no hope but driving others from the site cannot be acceptable whatever your standards.

It was a sad and nasty day for the forum and whatever the pros and cons of the blocking system, which I believe is often misused by members, the bullying of one lady which was so bad she left the site cannot be acceptable.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
I haven't bullied anyone. As you say offering mere criticism and offering responses towards my own criticism as everyone else does.

Some people have real frightening issues with previous users on here that needs reporting.
Molly
Molly Female
5 months ago
Perhaps you should have a good look back at your own posts Pixiefluff. We didn't all imagine it.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
I have, I haven't read anything at all in my posts that warrants as bullying only offering advice or criticism over the care of an animal.
salty
salty Female
5 months ago
Comment removed.
Jeff
Jeff Male
5 months ago
Minnie: "It's a sad day to see someone hounded off the site. That was very badly done. I really hope not to see that done again."
NeverSayNever: "It was a very sad day and the nastiest and most blatant example of bullying I've had the horror to experience on this site."
NeverSayNever seems to forget that she herself used to post practically nothing but false insults against MSE members.
6 lists of them are in thread "Why people are nasty Cought in a trap of their own making" midsummerseve.com/thread/198496/1/why_people_are_nasty on 28-Jan-22 at 15:28 & 11-Feb-22 at 09:57 & 28-Feb-22 at 18:14 & 13-Mar-22 at 11:27 & 22-Mar-22 at 13:47 & 01-Apr-22 at 15:30.

Pixiefluff: "Some people have real frightening issues with previous users on here that needs reporting."
Pixiefluff falsely called me a troll, (because I often pointed out numerous factually false statements by the biggest insulter Blackjack), and when I invited her and some others to comment on the insults by NeverSayNever (who supported Blackjack), Pixiefluff didn't answer but she blocked me.

Help with conversations