Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Blocking

New questions lol

Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
I would be too, but that's down to them, Katie. Nasty thing to do and makes them look foolish.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
Agreed. 
Kallone_1
Kallone_1 Female
3 months ago
I don't come on here often so I'm not certain but I think I have been blocked by one member for some reason :(
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
3 months ago
I'd be confident taking one guess at who has blocked you but I wouldn't worry about it as one member has blocked most of the site lol.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
3 months ago
Theres a poster I'd like to block so as I don't have to read thier nastiness, but they have thier profile hidden and I don't know how to block them, I don't think thats right either.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
3 months ago
Is the nastiness directed at you? I didnt think you could post with your profile hidden. I'm no expert though lol
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
3 months ago
If they have you on a single block, you can see their posts, but they can't see yours. Or they're only unlocking it to post! Try admin W'hen.  I think if you're going to block, it may as well be double!
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
Neither work.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
3 months ago
Pixiefluff has the ultimate good plan. Block everyone so you only see your own threads and then nobody disagrees with you and peace is guaranteed lol.
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
Back off. If a person chooses to do something then that is there choice. There's no need for (not very) sly digs.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
3 months ago
Back off lol. I do worry a bit that you think we should be allowed to do anything we choose. Let's hope it's not illegal or perverse. No sly digs from me just honest statements.
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
I'm not getting into a petty argument that seems rife on MSE but I think that rather than picking on people a post should just be a general sensible comment.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
3 months ago
Very wise t-o-b they're not worth it. Let those such as nosaint and pixiefluff do their best to out-nasty each other. We cn sit back and watch.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
3 months ago
Double block is working fine for me, thanks. I feel I don't have to censor what I'm saying for fear of being jumped upon verbally.  Oh, I  know they or me could log out and read, but I'm not going to do that!
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
3 months ago
What Gow said, there are some people here who I wouldn't associate with in "real" life, so why should I have to put up with them? Thats what the block button is for as far as I'm concerned. I do have a few people on block, some are obvious scammers who I block on principle and the rest are other posters who I fundamentally disagree with or who frequently clutter up threads with hairballs of malice, at times it does make a thread seem a bit disjointed, but I'd rather that than have to sift through the bile. If some people don't like each other, then why dont they come out of the playground and leave each other alone?
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
The double block is great for a personal quiet life but they can still read and respond to your posts without logging out even though it's blowing in the wind. It doesn't shut them out totally.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
3 months ago
Well if their insufficiencies require them to read and comment on what I say whilst logged out, then good luck to them, I can't see them, I don't respond to them, so they and others must know they're blocked, so its a pretty petty point to make if there is a point at all which I doubt.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
Second what Bris said about freedom of choice..what Minnie said about who gives a F* if they're blocked or not..and what Hen said about sifting through the bile, that's what the block button is for. 
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
wonderoushen Female
3 hours ago
What Gow said, there are some people here who I wouldn't associate with in "real" life, so why should I have to put up with them? Thats what the block button is for as far as I'm concerned. I do have a few people on block, some are obvious scammers who I block on principle and the rest are other posters who I fundamentally disagree with or who frequently clutter up threads with hairballs of malice, at times it does make a thread seem a bit disjointed, but I'd rather that than have to sift through the bile. If some people don't like each other, then why dont they come out of the playground and leave each other alone?

I think most of us despair and are frustrated at those who clutter up the threads with their barbed comments. Some more obvious than others but still bile.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
wonderoushen Female
3 hours ago

I think most of us despair and are frustrated at those who clutter up the threads with their barbed comments. Some more obvious than others but still bile.
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
3 months ago
I dare say that a fair number of people will have me on block because I have a strong personality. Does it bother me? Does it heck. I think it says more about them than me.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
No good complaining about the clowns if you still keep going to the circus.  The block button just makes it easier not to accidentally get drawn in.  Job done.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
I doubt anyone has you on block beeman unless they have a bee phobia.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
I dont mind the clowns unless they have squirty flowers.
Laura1961
Laura1961 Female
3 months ago
I have never figured out how not to be logged in but able to read threads / look at profiles ?

Help with conversations