Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Comfort food

What's yours?

G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I've just come in from work and had 'dippy egg and soldiers' - and I'm not afraid to admit it!
This is one of my comfort foods, along with beans on toast and the occasional fish finger sandwich.
What's yours?
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Mashed potato with butter and black pepper..with gravy and roast vegetables and veggie sausages and Yorkshire pudding... treacle sponge or a nice crumble and custard...  Or a roasted potato or sweet potato with cheese and beans and black pepper..not all in the same order on the same day :)
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Treacle sponge...ooh. Not made a gf one. 
Templar2013
Templar2013 Male
2 months ago
Beans on toast or poached egg on toast.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Beans on toast is comforting .. cheese and beetroot in the summer for me.. I love beetroot .. I feels refreshing.. 
leogirl
leogirl Female
2 months ago
it all depends, In the heath I do not fancy the comfort food shepherds pie  with a bubbling cheese topping ...
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
2 months ago
I do sometimes opt for an egg in an egg cup and bread soldiers. I have lots of egg cups but rarely use them.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
2 months ago
Banana. No plate, cutlery or cooking involved. Perfect!
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
Something with pasta, pesto or a bolognaise. Or toast and marmite
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Considering spag bol for tea W'hen.  It works fine gf. 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Nice home stew in winter with freshly baked crusty bread.. mmm love the smell at home of fresh bread baking ...
Samx
Samx Male
2 months ago
Toasted fruit loaf slices with butter and jam, mmmm.
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
2 months ago
Left overs of belly pork especially with garlic crispy crackling or roast beef and onion butties. It makes me drool at the thought...
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
2 months ago
If I'm after something sweet it's got to be sticky toffee pudding with lashings of custard.
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
2 months ago
If I'm treating myself it's strawberries and fresh cream gateau fresh from the bakers on Bury Market. It's to die for!
StillGotIt
StillGotIt Male
2 months ago
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Hungry now t.o.b.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
2 months ago
Some times it has to be a big bowl of rice and dhal, or a steamed syrup pudding with custard.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
Ben & Jerry's caramel chew chew. Green and Black's butterscotch.  
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Cornish cream tea with home baked scones ...mmmm
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
I could be contentious and ask what's wrong with a Devon cream tea (because of which side of the Tamar I was born) - but I won't.  I'll just say, I've had my spag bol, and it was lovely! 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
Haha when I'm having a cream tea it's with Cornish clotted cream and jam ..and  thats not gonna to change whatever side of the Tamer you were born on :D 
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
2 months ago
They have their pasties, we have our cream teas. Status quo. 
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
2 months ago
But they also have cream teas.. why the competition? Lol
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
2 months ago
If I'm treating myself it's strawberries and fresh cream gateau

Me too.

Help with conversations