Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Funky Chickens

Chickens fed cannabis

wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
3 months ago
In Thailand a farmer who grows medical cannabis was wondering what to do with all the left over leaves and tried various preparations in the feed given to thier chickens, the chickens are less likely to suffer from bronchitis, need fewer antibiotics, are generally healthier and tastier to eat.

The benefits of cannabis just keep on comming and yet we're still not allowed it as a medicine.
Samx
Samx Male
3 months ago
Like with many drugs, the jury is out regarding effects, benefits, quantities and purity.
G-O-W
G-O-W Female
3 months ago
But if it was regulated...
Eljer
Eljer Male
3 months ago
I've been drinking weed tea and a slice of lemon lately and tea is legal where do I stand on that one?
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
3 months ago
Obviously there can be side effects from cannabis products and not everyone gets on with them, if you buy it legally then there'd be more choice of variety depending on why you wanted to take it, anything from a particular medical benefit to the equivalent of a couple of beers to relax. The government could also tax it and get an income stream from it, or allow people to grow up to a certain amount, it would free up a lot of police time too.

I think the law in this country with regards to drugs in general and cannabis in particular is ridiculous and out dated and in desperate need of reform.

But this thread was just a funny about chickens being given weed and the benefits to them and potentially to all of us if they need fewer anti-biotics, anti-biotic resistant germs are an increasing problem and a lot of its due to over use.
terry
terry Male
3 months ago
I like it, wish I had the energy to try it....maybe could at last learn the chicken dance! :-))
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
You could sing the birdie song.. I had to second think if that was a real thing ..how on earth did that become a popular song..lol
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
I know a lot of people who use cannabis for medicinal purposes and the authorities are not very interested in those who do so in their homes and don't carry an amount of stock suitable for distribution.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
You could sing the birdie song.. I had to second think if that was a real thing ..how on earth did that become a popular song..lol

The song was popular because everyone found the dance easy to do LOLOL
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
3 months ago
There is no doubt that cannabis can be beneficial for certain medical conditions. I wouldn't want to see a cannabis free for all with no regulation but it should be available for medical reasons.

Help with conversations