Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Ideal first dates

What's perfect for you?

Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
19 days ago
Traditional or unconventional? Rediculously creative or sweet and simple.. ?
Samx
Samx Male
18 days ago
Place, time and attire agreed by both parties. An open and fairly busy place. The first stage is to explore each other, see if there’s a spark and hopefully agree to a new date……
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
18 days ago
Sweet and simple for me lol. When I'm meeting for the first time it's always very casual and not much discussed prior to the meet. I usually suggest a coffee shop or pub with somewhere to go for a walk but I'm easy.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
18 days ago
Depends if it is with someone that I know already, or never met before. Food and drink and good conversation is always enjoyable.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
18 days ago
I don't mind as long as she is respectful and doesn't expect me to jump into bed with her just because she offers to buy lunch.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
18 days ago
That sounds more like your fantasy, Mr Q. Do women usually try to bribe you with food to take advantage of your body?
Answer carefully, this could alter your dating ratings on MSE considerably. :)
Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
18 days ago
A mutually agreed place, dress code, drinks ( Coffee, tea or latte with cake), and walk somewhere pleasant outdoors.

A bit like yesterday; arranged a time to collect from a pub near to their home, drove to a local town, found a good parking spot, walk by the river, explored a castle together, had a latte & cake, walked by the river, sat and talked, walk back to the car, drove to local town that is good for "eye tests", then dropped my friend of at their house, and I drove home. A good day was had out & about in the sunshine.

Looking forward to our next meeting.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
18 days ago
You can't go far wrong by choosing one of the midsummerseve beauties for a date :))
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
18 days ago
Now you're in with a chance LOLOL
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
17 days ago
Mine's a mejool stuffed with a peeled orange segment!
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
17 days ago
LOLOL
FBF_Peace
FBF_Peace Male
16 days ago
My first dates kept ending up at garden centres lol
RoseyCheeks
RoseyCheeks Female
15 days ago
My modus operandi when I was meeting people for first dates was a safe place, not too far from home, and make sure the venue has a rear exit or toilet window big enough for me to climb through ;-) I used to plan more interesting things if we'd been talking for a while or had met in person before and already knew it was likely to fly, but nothing that involves getting into a virtual stranger's car and if you have any doubts make sure you've made it a coffee date rather than a whole evening out.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
15 days ago
I've never had a date disappear through the toilet window - yet! I suppose I would laugh if it did happen for real. I've never met anyone so awful I needed to do a runner.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
15 days ago
In retrospect, a sweet and simple man would probably do me just fine.
eurostar
eurostar Female
15 days ago
Yeah I.m a coffee first meet person, but one of my mates seems to meet for walks in the winter when it was dark ???? In cemeteries???? Not for me yuk
I like cemeteries in the day time though think they are interesting
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
15 days ago
I never meet anyone who would fit through a toilet window lol.
the-omniscient-beeman
the-omniscient-beeman Male
15 days ago
Totally unconventional but in the public space. Maybe go to an event which gives us something mutual to chat about afterwards or just go our separate ways.
the-omniscient-beeman
15 days ago
No dress code whatsoever. To coin Kurt Cobain of Nirvana "Come as you are."
the-omniscient-beeman
15 days ago
https://youtu.be/vabnZ9-ex7o
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
15 days ago
You can over-think these things. If it's a first time meet then a relaxing coffee or drink in the pub and see how it goes.
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
14 days ago
Easy come - easy go lol.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
14 days ago
LOLOL

Help with conversations