Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Don't know how but

I caught Covid!

Aely
Aely Female
A month ago
Actually, Ravspal, if you are reading this, maybe you should do a Covid test.

I thought I had a head cold. Lots of back flow from the nasal area. That caused a bit of an irritated cough. The only person I could have caught it from was my neighbour during a 5 minute outdoor conversation regarding access to his property for my Gas man (a subject for a different thread maybe). He had a cold. He had caught it at work where "everybody had it". Two Covid tests had come up negative so no worries. 3 or 4 days later I obviously had it.

Nearly a week later as I was still snuffly I decided to do a precautionary LFT before attending the Eye Clinic for my Cataract pre-op visit. It was an absolutely, stunningly, no doubt about it, +ve result. So Cataract business is all being rescheduled.

I'm still snuffy but will try a test tomorrow as I should be out of the infectious stage. By the way, the cough was well controlled by small slugs of Rochester Ginger cordial (the one with the kick of 2 very angry mules). A minute or so after a slug a gentle cough was sufficient to expel phlegm stubbornly hiding behind the tonsils. I also dosed myself up with Vit C and a Vit B complex, on the basis that it couldn't hurt and might help. The surgery delivered an Oxygen monitor and pulsimeter so I could check my stats which have remained within the safe limits in spite of my COPD.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Oh no, I thought you hadn't posted for a while, hope it clears up quickly for you!
vanman
vanman Male
A month ago
Don't tell everyone or they will all want it! lol ;-)
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
29 days ago
Hope all is well again now

Help with conversations