Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Why do people have to be mind readers

in intimate situations?

12Next Last

Samx
Samx Male
3 months ago
Why do people stop talking and express their wishes when intimate?
Molly
Molly Female
3 months ago
Being a mind reader definitely helps in intimate situations.
eurostar
eurostar Female
3 months ago
I know how do you mind read someone when there's so many blink8n fetishes these days lol
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
I should ask the oracle...
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
3 months ago
Its not just when being intimate, some people don't speak about anything emotional in a positive way, but boy do they let you know when you get it wrong. Some people will get really offended and go off on one when you are being intimate and thats a permanent passion killer.
RoseyCheeks
RoseyCheeks Female
3 months ago
I don't think they always do do they?
On-The-Beach
On-The-Beach Male
3 months ago
"Why do people stop talking and express their wishes when intimate?"

I'm struggling with the sentence or its meaning, let alone a scenario where it might be used.

"Why do people stop talking?" What ... and then express their wishes when intimate?

Or were the two things connected?

Can someone please translate for me?
-
And who says people stop talking (or whatever) if and when they ware being intimate?

Communication happens in a myriad of ways when folk are intimate.

Why is the post eluding to some issue or frustration regarding people being intimate?

Is the O.P referring to something personal?

Is that what this post is about? :)

Confused of West Dorset.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
Confused from West Hertfordshire here.

I thought perhaps he meant that once a relationship moves on a level from friendship to physical intimacy then the communications stops.

Though I don't think that is necessarily true, even if it is for some people.

But then the majority of the dear OP's posts confuse me, so I try not to let it worry me too much. I settle for happy confusion instead. :)
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
Why do people stop talking and express their wishes when intimate?

Happy confusion as Minnie says. I took it to mean that when a couple form a relationship they don't communicate often enough.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
3 months ago
I thought it meant, that people don't say no to something they find uncomfortable or that they don't like when making love, or to say what they do like sexually.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
3 months ago
I don't talk a lot in those situations.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
I knew one person who never bloody stopped talking when he was getting down to the nitty gritty.
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
3 months ago
I knew one person who never bloody stopped talking when he was getting down to the nitty gritty

All your ex lovers reading this will be wondering if they should stay shtum in the future lol
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
im guessing that must be around the time that she i coming up to orgasm ?
a lot of women go qquite then sam , possibly brain overload , but hey dont moan about it sometimes its the only time she is quite,
instead of expecting het to express her wishes (talk filth) why not express what you would like to do as she peakes, :)
RoseyCheeks
RoseyCheeks Female
3 months ago
I've faced that situation before too Minnie. Like a talking textbook. Very offputting!
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
rosey and minnie, i am intrigued as to the type of conversations that went down in such a situation ?
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
3 months ago
OH WELL , its that long since I was intimate with anyone, I could be left speechless if the action was exciting .and feeling the fireworks, going off, otherwise, be thinking of meals to plan and cook or the wrinkled , grubby ceiling
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
are we talking before or after world war 2
Greencare
Greencare Female
3 months ago
I think we all need to be mind readers at times.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
im guessing you are right as the poster is not giving anymore info atm,lol
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
3 months ago
cheeky capn
was born at the end of WW2
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
3 months ago
some of us cannot read our own minds, let alone others mind.
Vexatious_Victor
Vexatious_Victor Male
3 months ago
Very true Mumsie lol
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
3 months ago
Thank you Ronald
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
I can't remember either... oh wait! .... no.... total blank..

12Next Last

Help with conversations