Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Dating does go on

Wahey

12Next Last

eurostar
eurostar Female
3 months ago
A mate lost his wife 15 months ago and joined a dating site new year he has met a lovely woman and happily dating,
Today I asked how they clicked.he said they were talking about holidays and she said she,d love to go to Maldives he said you.ll get a caravan in Wales if you,re with me and that was it, both laughed so much it broke the ice.
They are both 61 and I just think it's so nice to hear a good online dating story, have you any?
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
I love that story! good luck to those guys!
Greencare
Greencare Female
3 months ago
Laughing together is important but I'm not surprised plenty of dating is going on. A good friend of mine started dating again in her 80s and is having a nice naughty time haha.
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
3 months ago
Wahay! Hope for us all lol.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
Phew! LOLOL
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
A good friend of mine started dating again in her 80s and is having a nice naughty time

she joined in her 60s and has only just got a date ?
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
3 months ago
I've dated in my 60s from this site and other places. I'm not looking for another long term relationship but I like meeting new people and going out for a walk or a meal.
Helenuk1963
Helenuk1963 Female
3 months ago
My 84 year old dad has a few lady friends he meets for coffee.
He says he doesn't want to be tied down to one lol
Mumsie
Mumsie Female
3 months ago
Never a wrong or right age to find love , great for those that do
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
wise old man helen,
dont put all his eggs in one basket, lol
Molly
Molly Female
3 months ago
I haven't been on this dating site long enough to have met the lovely men here.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
waiting times vary molly, :)
Molly
Molly Female
3 months ago
I'm patient capnblackbeard lol.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
Puts me in the mood for a bit of Dean Martin... everybody loves somebody ...

https://youtu.be/z-2_OstpR5c
Greencare
Greencare Female
3 months ago
I think a plenty of people of my age and older are doing a lot of dating but don't want their kids to find out.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
3 months ago
I think the opportunities are there at any age.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
You have to be alert and ready to grab them :)
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
If you have a fancy for the more mature partner the online apps more than cater for these and it's probably the easiest group to chat to.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
3 months ago
I think maybe it's the young ones who have all the worries and pressure and us of the older and wiser generation are waltzing through life.
tsunamiwarrior
tsunamiwarrior Male
3 months ago
Don't waltz lol.
RoseyCheeks
RoseyCheeks Female
3 months ago
I met my ex-husband on a bus on my way to college, it can happen anywhere, but at least the meeting someone halfcut at a nightclub days are over now the internet makes it so much easier to find other singles. At least the stigma of meeting someone online has gone now. Man shopping now being like any shopping, easier online ;-)
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
I like meeting new people in ordinary circumstances even if you have to work on the ordinary circumstances a bit.
Molly
Molly Female
3 months ago
Is it still an ordinary circumstance? lol
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
Almost LOLOL
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
3 months ago
It is quite pleasant meeting new people through ordinary circumstances rather than arranged dates.

12Next Last

Help with conversations