Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

UKRAINE. YOU ROCK!

Midsummer sends its support, admiration and love. xxx

Kimjongun
Kimjongun Male
one year ago
You are correct Pixie, there are things on the internet from Ukraine.
A lot of it is fake, a friend of mine loves the fake stuff.
He had a clip of 2 Ukrainian soldiers, you could see their guns were plastic.
The magazine fell off one of the guns!
He had another clip where they had cardboard guns!
Zealous_Zack
Zealous_Zack Male
one year ago
Strand Sex icon 28-Feb-2022 19:44
"I find it amazing that people seem to know what is happening in the Ukraine?"

Hi Kimjongun :)

The fog of war, they call it, don't they?

In a country so vast, we'll never know the real state of play but the Ukrainian people and its troops have definitely, (so far), slowed down the Russian advance in half the areas being invaded.

Yes. Hopefully something will help end the conflict; maybe even due to a lack of supplies and fuel which is something currently hindering the invaders.

"I've just donated to one leaving Friday."

No. We're not very good at queuing, are we, Euro?

Good news to learn you've donated locally.

I tried that link I added at the beginning; the one for children but it didn't like my Paypal login although I'll try again later. *Perhaps it was being over-run with lots of people using the site at once.
I*
Beached
Beached Male
one year ago
Thanks for the amazing links, Pix and Kimjongun.

President Zelensky is truly inspiring and energising his country and as Kinjongun has highlighted, even Ukrainian MP, Kira Rudik, admits, "I have been critisizing the hell out of him for the last 2 and a half years but right now he is really stepping out."

IMHO; Zelensky is so, so loved by his people now that if Russia were to assassinate him he would become even more powerful in death and an inspiration as a true Ukrainian martyr giving these amazing warrior citizens and troops even more energy and will to fight even harder.

What a leader; and leading right from the front unlike someone else hiding in their bunker.
Beached
Beached Male
one year ago
Hi Bella,

"In my small seaside resort our light are yellow and blue, so we support the Ukraine all the way."

I've got some spare pavement advertising "A" boards that I'm going to create some posters in those same flag colours and am pondering how to offer free PC services in return for donations to Ukraine. Thing is though; how to create something pure that won't look or come across as a cynical 'marketing' ploy. And which charity or organisation to link to?
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
one year ago
Sunflowers have a poignant meaning to this situation, so maybe blue and yellow sunflowers?
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
one year ago
Putin has been stripped of his black belt in Taekwondo...
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
one year ago
Its not amazing news, but he might not have any shoes by the end of the week at this rate...
Beached
Beached Male
one year ago
He must be going absolutely out of his mind realising what a pariah he's become to the whole world. I mean; no. He won't care a jot about the millions, (or even billions), he's either murdered, maimed or distressed with the prospect of delivering Earth some hellish WWIII apocalyptic annihilation but ... well ... his ego must be so so crushed!!!

"MAD VLAD"

You heard it here first. lol :)
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
one year ago
The internet call him Vladdy Daddy in an online campaign effort to flirt with Putin on his instagram to get him to change his mind... true story...
leogirl
leogirl Female
one year ago
sending my admiration to the brave people of the Ukraine via MSE. .

AND also to Strand who, despite his own battle against health problems, still thinks of others in extremely scary , heartbreaking situations. xxx

leogirl.
bella111
bella111 Female
one year ago
We have quite a Community of Polish people in Torbay historically from the 2nd world war, they seem to be doing a lot in co-ordinating with our local Council, as well as Ukraines from Devon and Cornwall.

Even if the end result is not what we want I am sure they will be well cared for those who leave Ukraine, it is looking pretty scary now the use of the barbaric cluster bombs.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
one year ago
Good News! Hope this works!

The Minister of Defense of Ukraine is offering money as a peace offering to Russian soldiers.

On Facebook and Twitter, Oleksii Reznikov offered 5 million Russian rubles and full amnesty to soldiers if they, “put down their guns and voluntarily surrender to prison.”

5 million rubles is equivalent to about $47,000 USD or 41,000 Euros.

All soldiers have to do to surrender to Ukraine is say the word “million”, Reznikov said in a Facebook post.

He promised Russian soldiers that would be able to speak with their families and start a new life if they surrendered.

By: Scripps NationalPosted at 12:21 PM, Feb 28, 2022 and last updated 10:00 PM, Feb 28, 2022
Beached
Beached Male
one year ago
That's kind of you to say, Leogirl. Thank you.
---
Great to see more good news being reported. :)
---
With an alleged 40 mile Russian convoy heading towards Kyiv and alleged reports of war crimes with cluster bombs being dropped on civilians, some might like to add prayers to their thoughts for Ukraine as well.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
one year ago
Strand, you in favour of a no-fly zone?...
Mazer
Mazer Male
one year ago
With an alleged 40 mile Russian convoy heading towards Kyiv and alleged reports of war crimes with cluster bombs being dropped on civilians, some might like to add prayers to their thoughts for Ukraine as well.

it doesn't sound good does it.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
one year ago
I think its about to get a lot worse.

The IOC has officially been asked to start a war crimes investigation which means they can really start gathering evidence.

I too am amazed at Zelinskiy's bravery and defiance, so many leaders would of run away, accepted the US offer to get him out or at least have moved to the western borders.

I think the phone is being the best source for news and for Zelinskiy to keep encouraging his people.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
one year ago
40 mile long convoy of supplies and reinforcements for Russian soldiers heading to mariupol today :/

Zelenskiy behaves like a true leader. He is inspirational. I wished more assistance could be sent to Ukraine today.

Sending more love and luck to the Ukrainian people..
Beached
Beached Male
one year ago
"Strand, you in favour of a no-fly zone?..."

More, Hiero.

It is time for NATO to bring in 150,000 - 200,000 more troops and resources (to add to the existing forces) lined up along "our" own NATO borders with the enemy. And, for now, we should "gift" the Ukrainians more air power to enable a no-fly zone IMMEDIATELY - but then be prepared or get ready for the show to start, proper.

Putin didn't listen or stop expansion after 2014 and he's continuing that pattern still.

It is time for NATO and the West to end his expansion.

If we don't act right now, (and ignore the lessons history teaches us), we will witness a repeat of Hitler style advances into Europe by a murderous dictator thinking he can act with impunity.

That cannot be allowed to happen.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
one year ago
Okay, so you'd happily see a NATO backed plane shoot down any Russian one that breaks the no-fly zone?
Basically, you want us to go to war with Russia?

I notice Sadiq Khan has stated that London is well prepared for a nuclear attack.
Blimey, and we thought covid was scary.....
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
one year ago
i think some people are not bothered out covid or the ukraine , theres a certain cabel that just like to bask in the glory of it all :)
Mazer
Mazer Male
one year ago
I notice Sadiq Khan has stated that London is well prepared for a nuclear attack.

It is the sort of thing Khan would say as he hasn't made much sense since becoming mayor. Maybe he will charge the bombers for entering London air space and paint more cycle lanes so we can all escape.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
one year ago
I'm amazed, there are so many who cowered indoors hiding from covid, not venturing out the door for two years and now they're positively encouraging all-out war with Russia.
Blimey.....
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
one year ago
well i think the ones that are doing all the talking would not have the cajones to go do a bit of fighting themselves
but happy to encourage it from the armchair, lolol
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
one year ago
I think someone needs to tell people that a mask or vaccine booster won't protect them from a nuclear attack.....lolol
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
one year ago
i tried my best by adding some useful tips , but seems its being ignored by the rabble, lol

Help with conversations