Conversation Help and Advice
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What to do?

In the bunker.

Kimjongun
Kimjongun Male
3 months ago
What would you do if you had to hit the bunker?
The clowns Biden and Boris try to act like competent politicians, and create WW3.
So what would you do?

I have a bunker, and a mask like SQL.
Would a mask work against nuclear attack?
I think it would be just as effective against nuclear attack, as it was against the virus!
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
ive got the bathroom door ready to put over the bath , i wouldnt trust just getting under the kitchen table with a blanket for sides :)
Kimjongun
Kimjongun Male
3 months ago
That only work with steel baths.
I have water in the bunker, but no room for bath.
If nuclear attack, maybe double mask?
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
the difference between russia and corona virus !
you can see the tanks coming down the street, :)
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
3 months ago
Not sure why deaths from anything is funny.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
3 months ago
we are all handed a death sentance the moment we are born, be happy with the time we have got
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
I don't think any regular mask will be alright in a nuclear attack. And you will have to remain underground for some time because of the poisoning and the toxicity. I've seen these survivalist build bunkers, they stock up with supplies to cover at least a year some of them.

elite bunkers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7xW5zTh6M
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
3 months ago
Masks have been worn to good effect in all wars and have saved many thousands of lives. Other than medication masks have probably been the biggest life saving piece of equipment. Even in the event of a nuclear war or any other war I'm sure masks will continue to save lives.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
https://thepreppingguide.com/gas-masks-you-need-in-a-nuclear-attack/

There are some important points to note when considering a gas mask and its use in a nuclear fallout. Having used gas masks in toxic gas situations before, I know that these will ensure that you are able to use your gas mask to provide clean, safe, oxygen in a nuclear, biological or chemically contaminated area. They are:

Your gas mask needs to be NBC or CBRN approved
You need to use NBC or CBRN gas mask filters that fit your mask
Facial hair will not allow you to create an airtight seal on your gas mask
Gas masks are not to be lived in, they are a temporary measure
A gas mask should be used in conjunction with other protective equipment
Samx
Samx Male
3 months ago
This time no mask, no bunker and no defence will stop the eradication of the human race, because once the world is irradiated with ABC (Atomic, biological, chemical) weapons, there will be no escape. Better to be killed right away that to look forward to a long and lingering death which will befall everybody sooner or later! What a charming future to look forward to!
Kimjongun
Kimjongun Male
3 months ago
Just buy a steel bath?
Molly
Molly Female
3 months ago
NoSaint Female Devon
26-Feb-2022 15:47 new! Message #4872267
Masks have been worn to good effect in all wars and have saved many thousands of lives. Other than medication masks have probably been the biggest life saving piece of equipment. Even in the event of a nuclear war or any other war I'm sure masks will continue to save lives.

Masks are life savers.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
No kind of mask will protect you against fall out, without a full body suit. In a fully contaminated area, the radiation is all around you.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
And that's if you manage to survive the initial blast.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
3 months ago
In the event of a dirty war the troops and officials would have the necessary masks but less efficient masks might be worthwhile in case of other poisonous gasses being deployed.
The_Snow_Covered_Fool
The_Snow_Covered_Fool Male
3 months ago
Put your head between your knees and kiss your arse goodbye ..

Chris.

Help with conversations