Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Forgotten albums

that you loved!

12Next Last

Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
I'm currently listening to Strangeways Here We Come by The Smiths:

I had forgotten how much I loved this album when I was a teen.

What album makes you feel like that?
Aely
Aely Female
3 months ago
When I was a teenager, albums were so, so expensive and therefore so rarely bought that I have never forgotten how much I loved them. Especially the first I bought when still at school, "With the Beatles". It's coming up 60 years old now, so rarely taken out of the sleeve and played.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
Sounds like you have a bit of a treasure there Aely!
Elj
Elj Male
3 months ago
I was into glam Rock in the early seventies then I discovered - Machine Head by Deep purple and had all their albums, I had purple wall paper, purple bed spread and purple carpet, and my mum would come into my room and shout, turn that fcucking noise down lol, Great Memories...
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
Haha yes my mom had a similar reaction to my liking of Korn and and a band called Machine Head ... despite being a metalhead herself she wasn't quite used to the hardcore noise of thrash and nu metal.

And in that respect I will add Korns first album, simply titled Korn and Machine Head's Burn My Eyes album to the list of forgotten Gems...
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
I was more into girls than music in the early years but the "Tighten Up" albums suddenly jumped to mind. Early Reggae.
Positivelad
Positivelad Male
A month ago
I have rediscovered Deep Purple and listening to Made in Japan now.
i was fortunate to see Deep purple on their Burn tour.
I also seen the following tour with Tommy Bolin on guitar.
Come taste the band was a great album.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
I had a good old sing along to Alanis morissette's Jagged Little Pill album yesterday, I'd also forgotten what a great album that is!
terry
terry Male
A month ago
Forgotten albums, that's a tough one because I have actually forgotten them, but you got me thinking and two albums came to mind - though I'll admit the first one I had to check on t'internet - 'In Blissful Company' and 'Quintessence', both by the band Quintessence. When I was going through my eastern philosophy period.
Was surprised to find they kept going, albeit individually, up until the late 1990's early 2000's.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
I'm having a listen now Terry, The album I've picked is called Dive Deep, I like the album artwork and it reminds me of an album cover from one of my favourite albums that I haven't listened too for a very long time..

Lemonjelly, KY ( amazing background music for relaxing or reading)

https://youtu.be/ZLZpceql7K4
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
A month ago
Tubular Bells, by Mile Oldfield, it became a bit of a cliche, but listening to it again a couple of months ago made me realise that its actually quite good.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
I've never listened to the full album WH, I should give it a go!
Helenuk1963
Helenuk1963 Female
A month ago
I tend to make up playlists rather than listen to whole albums ( there's always a few tracks on an album I'm not keen on ).
But Rattus Norvegicus -The Stranglers , was one I liked every track on.
I'm of that age when Donny Osmond was supposed to be every girls dream, but my tastes were more Sabbath, Purple and Led Zep. Mixed with punk.
:)
Orson
Orson Male
A month ago
One rarely “forgets” an album. As one’s flat is festooned with the things. However, one might overlook something that one hasn’t played for, perhaps, decades. A recent example of a re-discovery; was “The Oxford Circle Live At The Avalon Ballroom 1966” Incidentally, this disc contains ( as additional studio tracks ) their first single - “Foolish Woman/ Mind Destruction” A particular favourite of one!
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Hey Orson! I'm going to have a listen to that!
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
A month ago
My teens were an awfully long time ago, so without rummaging at the back of the stair cupboard for my old vinyls, I had to look them up to remember the titles. If my teens count up until I was 20, the ones that I can remember that I liked:
Wishbone Ash; Pilgrimage (1971), Argus (1972), There's the Rub (1974).
Allman Brothers Band; self-titled (1969)
Led Zep; Untitled (1971)
David Bowie; The Rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust (1972)
Jonathan Kelly; Twice a round the Houses (1972)
Fleetwood Mac; The Vintage Years (1975), Rumours (1977)
Outlaws; Bring it back Alive (1978)
Bob Seger; Stranger in Town (1978)

I also remember some Jethro Tull thing and Lynyrd Skynyrd and Deep Purple albums; neither of which I can remember the titles of.

The dates are when they were released, not when I bought them. I don't think I actually bought any until I got a Saturday job when I was about 17 and then I started work at 18, but all of those I would have listened to with friends or went to music shops for a listen. Anyway, I would imagine that the vinyls are close to worn out now.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
I always used to pinch Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare album out of my step dads cupboard... such a class album.

https://youtu.be/VDTwL15ZHZs
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Early manics do it for me today, best album ever. Like a big fresh ice cold smack in the face to wake you up, musically and lyrically, juicy elevating moments of thrash politically apt even now ... perfecto.

The Holy Bible..

https://youtu.be/gd3C9aAupQI
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Sad I'm ' to broke to see them on tour... weeps
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Belly ... Star

Tanya Donelly's flawless vocal... I used to listen to this album a lot as a teen.. one of those great from start to finish type ones..

https://youtu.be/D8dgR7fidJw
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Put on your black dress, float on your back..
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Stone temple Pilots - Core

The grunge scene is pretty much where I found my calling, this album, cracking guitar riffs... RIP Scott Weiland ... too many sad losses for the kingdom

https://youtu.be/MdCEPhNBnrM
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
Generals gathered in their masseeeeeeees
Just like witches at black masseeeeeeeees
Evil minds that plot destructiooooooooooon
Sorcerer of death's constructioooooooooooon.....

So very apt ....

WAR PIGS! (for Helen (some wicked choices on your list... )
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
https://youtu.be/LQUXuQ6Zd9w
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
A month ago
I'm going to add A Vulgar Display of Power by Pantera... Loved this album from start to finish... motivational.

Singalonga Pantera... (Walk)

https://youtu.be/AkFqg5wAuFk

12Next Last

Help with conversations