Conversation Religion and Spirituality
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Easter

Its coming up...

12Next Last

Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
How do you celebrate? do you celebrate at all? do you buy tons of choccy? bake lots of goodies? go to church?
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
3 months ago
Usually do an Easter egg hunt in my garden for the kids who live on the green. It started two years ago to give them some fun during lock down. I think they are probably hoping I will do it again this year.
Surprising how long it takes them to find them all in such a small garden. The noise they make is ear busting, but it makes me laugh at their excitement and I probably enjoy it as much as they do. Lucky that you can buy quite a lot of chocolate for not much money from Aldi. Kids don't care about quality, It's quantity that matters. And the parents are left with managing the sugar rush after. :D
the-omniscient-beeman
the-omniscient-beeman Male
3 months ago
Would I be crucified if I hid them under my beehives? ;-)
Samx
Samx Male
3 months ago
Now that I live alone, I no love longer celebrate Easter. However, I’m in the process of creating Easter cards. When with the family, we have a tradition of colouring heart boiled eggs, then try to demolish each others, point on point and end on end. If an egg is completely broken the loser has to hand it to the winner who might have a complete or half a complete one. In the end all of them are peeled and as an egg-salad devoured.
terry
terry Male
3 months ago
April 17 is it? I'll be trying to make it to Egypt - that's Egypt, Yorkshire, not the bigger one.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
Sam that sounds like a lovely tradition with family, I bet you're looking forward to it!

Egypt Yorkshire? I've just had a look, NO WAY! haha are you going to take a pencil and sneak an eggstra G on the signpost Terry, for the holidays? :D (EGGYPT)
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
And Bris... I'm not going under there to get my egg NO!
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
Every year I stress I don't want Easter eggs and every year I get bought Easter eggs LOLOL
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
3 months ago
I get that too HoW.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
Haha you have to have a favourite egg though right? If they did a Topic egg I'd be really happy.
vanman
vanman Male
3 months ago
Never mind Easter! (White chocolate 'Milky Bar' Egg for me please)

PANCAKE DAY comes first! lol.
(Sugar n' Lemon,. Golden Syrup, or for a real treat gooseberries n' ice cream) Mmmmm!
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
3 months ago
There is an Egypt in Buckinghamshire too where I'm told you can find the infamous pyramids of Slough.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
haha yes I had forgotten about pancake day, maybe because I made pancakes with sugar and lemon last week.. I might do some more today.. mmm white choccy egg, NICE! white chocolate melted on a waffle with raspberries.. now that is quite lush...
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
oooh the pyramids of slough ... full of mystery and intrigue... I'm sure I had a pyramid easter egg one time, that was a thing? dark chocolate and mint pyramid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6SStaVYo0w

Pyramint! that's the one... and its Terry's how apt!
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
3 months ago
Haha nice one.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
3 months ago
I don't celebrate easter and I don't do pancake day either, because I don't really like pancakes.
Colonel_Blink
Colonel_Blink Male
3 months ago
You shouldn't let that stop you celebrating when you can do what I do. Celebate pancake day - glass of brandy. Easter - glass of brandy. Valentines - glass of brandy. It doesn't take much planning either lol.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
3 months ago
I don't celebrate Easter either WH, I do generally have a bake for family and such.. and sneak a bit of choccy...
Titillating_Terence
Titillating_Terence Male
3 months ago
Sounds like a plan CB lol.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
3 months ago
I'll drink to that!
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
Pancakes. I'll drink to that lol.
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
3 months ago
CB, Great idea, only I can't drink alcohol.
Elj
Elj Male
3 months ago
I'm gonna get a bottle of champagne and pour some in a tall glass topped with ice cream, yum, I used to buy the nestles Easter eggs, I don't know if they still sell them.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
3 months ago
CB, Great idea, only I can't drink alcohol.

Lol. Rather scuppers the idea.
JustKatie
JustKatie Female
3 months ago
Easter eggs are my favourite chocolate.

12Next Last

Help with conversations