Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Damaged Ego's

Can being knocked back, drive a person to harrass and troll the subject that rejected them?

12345Next Last

Maglorian
Maglorian Male
4 months ago
More importantly, is it acceptable to join in with the bullying and goading. Is it as bad or not worse to remain quiet?
wonderoushen
wonderoushen Female
4 months ago
Yes and its not new either, the internet has just given people like that a new platform, people have always said hurtful, often untrue things about people they feel rejected by.

If I see bullying then I often either call out the bully or say something supportive to the bullied, some people though seek controvercy and are basically a sence of offence looking for somewhere to manifest and it can be a pleasure to give them thier wish. Most of the people I've blocked, I've blocked for bullying and general unpleasantness as I don't need that sort of negativity.
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
4 months ago
Well said although your words may be wasted on here where goading and bullying are the order of the day.

Go for it.
Jeff
Jeff Male
4 months ago
The main person to harrass and troll is Blackjack, who made false insults against many people who pointed out his numerous factual falsehoods or disagreed with his opinions. He hasn't posted recently, so I wonder if he has been suspended for that behaviour. The second worst is you, NeverSayNever, as shown in thread "Why people are nasty Cought in a trap of their own making" midsummerseve.com/thread/198496/1/why_people_are_nasty on 28-Jan-22 at 15:28 & 11-Feb-22 at 09:57.

In that thread, please quote examples that justify your having posted "The deviant mse unfortunates do thier best bless them but it's a far cry from being good enough. They make thier usual miserable and nasty posts. Even those who make the effort to converse are morons and tossers, are still greeted by the same self-appreciation which makes me wonder why they bother."
Or better still, find another website where you can make your "usual miserable and nasty posts" - as you very rarely post anything else.
Samx
Samx Male
4 months ago
Bullying is not acceptable under any circumstance. I never block anyone, because I have noticed, that some people have a bad day and lose their temper on occasions. True and constant bullies I avoid by just giving them the thumbs down and don’t fall into their trap of arguing with.
JustLyn
JustLyn Female
4 months ago
I don't think even some bullies know they are bullying, or even that others can recognise it and become part of the problem.

I do feel some empathy for the bullies and the bullied (and have felt bullied on here quite often) as the bullies often don't deserve it, and the bullies have some axe to grind in their own personality, life experience, sadness, meanness that has made them that way. Sadly, it is one of the downs of social media that peple can take to their keyboard with some anonimity, to vent their frustrations or little kicks out on someone else.

I also think we have a lot of reactive types who react negatively and unnecessarily, and some bullies can't take getting a taste of their own medicine.

But what is weird on here especially, is often the attacked get further attacks by what a previous poster called the cabal, and indeed posting was rather like putting one's hand into a bucket of vipers.
FBF_Peace
FBF_Peace Male
4 months ago
A small number of posters go out of their way to attract the so-called 'bullies' as it's the only way they can justify some of the diatribes they post. It's deliberate of course.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
4 months ago
theyres plenty of fish in the sea and thats what im about,
who cares about the crazy bitches that dont want to know,
and if sticking up for yourself against the cabel makes you a bully so be it,
be true to yourself cause thats all that matters :)
JustLyn
JustLyn Female
4 months ago
*A small number of posters go out of their way to attract the so-called 'bullies' as it's the only way they can justify some of the diatribes they post. It's deliberate of course. *

That's a comment akin to women dressing up half naked are asking to be raped or someone upset being told they deserved to get hit because they "provoked" their attacker.

It's also "so-called" bullies who who try to justify their own bad behviour by accusing those they attack, make fun of, whatever as their excuse.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
4 months ago
That is absolute rubbish JustLyn and the two things are in no way comparable.
If I want to start an argument and begin a thread saying all dog owners are mentally deficient it will start the requred argument and I have provoked personal attacks.
I have not commented on anything akin to half dressed women. You are trying to defend the indefensible.
the-omniscient-beeman
the-omniscient-beeman Male
4 months ago
This site is full of damaged egos and bullies which just seems to go on deaf ears. People seem to be nervous of speaking out even when they are provided with an open door. No this is not acceptable. I see it as bad to remain quiet or become part of a coven. Bullies rely on other people and an over inflated ego. If more people stood up and said it is not acceptable it would pull the rug from under their feet. In some ways I feel sorry for the bullies in that they must have such a sad and hollow existance.
Greencare
Greencare Female
4 months ago
I agree beeman. Too many egotistical posters doing their best to cause arguments.
the-omniscient-beeman
4 months ago
Jeff, could you just let it drop. That's just as bad as the posts you keep digging up. It's still another form of bullying.
Mazer
Mazer Male
4 months ago
Jeff and Blackjack can be as bad as each other although to be fair most of the debates are not started by Jeff.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
4 months ago
i dont know how you could even think that mazer or beeman, jeff is not name calling or insulting people,
as ive said standing up for yourself against these little covens of trolls and misfits is not bullying,
people love to gossip and it brings others in,
the only comparision with jeff is the long txts
Mazer
Mazer Male
4 months ago
You are right capnblackbeard and I retract my post. Jeff does only respond and point out BJ's falsehoods so that could never be described as bullying.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
4 months ago
also others posting makes no sense what so ever because some some reason they are trying to grow some while encouraging who would be classed as public enemy number 1 here.
you cant call out who you think is a bully and encourage the biggest because he dont pick on you.,lol
Jeff
Jeff Male
4 months ago
I am completely unlike Blackjack. For example:-
- Blackjack writes numerous factual falsehoods, whereas I have often asked him and his supporters to point out factual falsehoods in what I post but they never point out any;
- Blackjack doesn't back up what he posts despite repeated requests, whereas I back up (with references) what I post;
- Blackjack answers hardly any questions relating to what he posts, whereas I answer practically all questions related to what I post;
- Blackjack has the habit of grossly insulting people who point out where he is factually wrong, or whose opinions disagrees with his, whereas I don't insult people;
- Blackjack often posts vile and offensive language, whereas I don't;
- Blackjack never admits when he is wrong when pointed out, whereas I admit my errors on reflection even without them being pointed out.

When someone such as NeverSayNever repeatedly grossly insults other members of MSE, I think it's reasonable to ask them to justify what they write by giving quotes and stating who and where they came from. I think that they are a diversion and false, but I'm always prepared to be proved wrong. I give them lots of chances to prove what they have written. That is not bullying.

Mazer, I was amazed at your post at 18:07, so thank you for your correction at 18:18.
the-omniscient-beeman
4 months ago
I rest my case...
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
4 months ago
go jeff, lol
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
4 months ago
You can hardly compare the posts of a member who calls you an idiot and pervert, claims to control minds and threatens to burn children with a member who pulls him up on his idiocy.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
4 months ago
I wouldn't retract that comment Mazer, constantly pin pointing the same person with accusations is also a form of bullying upon that person.

when other users use different forms of bullying and manipulation to antagonise other users. That includes dragging up old threads to stir up trouble, dropping sly comments to stir up trouble, or starting threads specifically aimed at one user, They arent any better at all.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
4 months ago
its only those that dont like a poster would make them comparisons
Mazer
Mazer Male
4 months ago
I do retract my post Pixiefluff because I was clearly wrong and I apologised to Jeff for my mistake. I do agree with the starting of threads specifically to stir up trouble which is what Blackjack does and it is unusual for him to post anything other than nasty comments. I think a few of his aliases join in on his threads.
JustLyn
JustLyn Female
4 months ago
*I have not commented on anything akin to half dressed women. *

Mmm...I hadn't notice any previous comment as Andromeda...bit odd.

Nevertheless, I think they are very comparable as the post in question is victim blaming...stat.

12345Next Last

Help with conversations