Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

This is a site for the platonics

Where only the writers hide behing the screen

Blackjack
Blackjack Male
5 months ago
Maybe its time as the weather warms up later in the year its time to consider something eventful?

What about - Planning a love inn – might it be time to think of panning something better than this suspension in the void of what I call posibilities?

Or is this a site where the prudes only able to be rude? The nudge wink- wink brigade.

Where we all pretend we are friends, how the hell one can have hug without touching suggests those who achieve it - are somewhat touched maybe?

Is this a graveyard for the platonics?

Or choosing somewhere where the bones can rattle and the flesh wobbles to back to life?

Lets either pretend to be interested in each other when in fact the fear of covid infections - viral loading - and only mild hospital treatments if you can get in that is - designed to prevent the human contact we expect.

I know we only live once but is everyone clinging to the straw of life - I say lets all get infected together in complete disgrace

Too many freaks maybe? Some of the make fraternity on this site might need straightjackets, the women must make the decisions – they know best what they want.

Let them set the rules and agenda.

So while I wait - mine is a platonic - a treble please with a dash of bitters, leamonade - plus a cherry on a stick - with a straw.

So its about where - never miond when and what about how .
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
5 months ago
Two Meanings of Platonic

The two most common senses of platonic come from the same source, yet are different enough in meaning that it is rather important to distinguish between them. The original sense relates to the ancient Greek philosopher, Plato, or to his philosophy. It will always be capitalized. A secondary meaning that also stems from the name of the philosopher describes something (such as feelings or a relationship) that is characterized by an absence of romance or sex (a platonic relationship in this sense might simply be called a friendship). This sense alludes to Plato’s belief that love between people could be so strong as to transcend physical attachments

try your free splunk trial today
FBF_Peace
FBF_Peace Male
5 months ago
Good post capn. Plato was quite a guy.

Plato (/'ple?to?/ PLAY-toe;[2] Greek: ???t?? Platon; 428/427 or 424/423 – 348/347 BC) was an Athenian philosopher during the Classical period in Ancient Greece, founder of the Platonist school of thought and the Academy, the first institution of higher learning in the Western world.

He is widely considered a pivotal figure in the history of Ancient Greek and Western philosophy, along with his teacher, Socrates, and his most famous student, Aristotle.[a] Plato has also often been cited as one of the founders of Western religion and spirituality.[5] The so-called neoplatonism of philosophers such as Plotinus and Porphyry greatly influenced Christianity through Church Fathers such as Augustine. Alfred North Whitehead once noted: "the safest general characterization of the European philosophical tradition is that it consists of a series of footnotes to Plato."[6]

Plato was an innovator of the written dialogue and dialectic forms in philosophy. Plato is also considered the founder of Western political philosophy. His most famous contribution is the theory of Forms known by pure reason, in which Plato presents a solution to the problem of universals known as Platonism (also ambiguously called either Platonic realism or Platonic idealism). He is also the namesake of Platonic love and the Platonic solids.

His own most decisive philosophical influences are usually thought to have been, along with Socrates, the pre-Socratics Pythagoras, Heraclitus and Parmenides, although few of his predecessors' works remain extant and much of what we know about these figures today derives from Plato himself.[b] Unlike the work of nearly all of his contemporaries, Plato's entire body of work is believed to have survived intact for over 2,400 years.[8] Although their popularity has fluctuated, Plato's works have consistently been read and studied
Blackjack
Blackjack Male
5 months ago
I made it up you Bar-steward!!! the piece was about replationships and frendzzzz I decided that the plural of Platonic was PLATONICS as in my world a wordcan mean what I want them to mean - so you can shove your PLATO where the sun does not shine as you know what I was attempting to do - anyone ever told you that being too grown up is just not good for anyone?

It was an attempt to wake up the dead to celebrate how wonderful it is to be alive - spoil-sport – pouring cold water over my creation.

So thinking of a future fell before the idea got out the door.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
5 months ago
It was an attempt to wake up the dead

By saying the dead are you referring to your fellow members on this site who your frequently say are dead from the neck up?
Elj
Elj Male
5 months ago
He's one of many who likes to roll he's tongue around his r's.. I'm just thankful that I have a short neck.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
I'm awake but nearly dead....
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
I made it up you Bar-steward!!! the piece was about replationships and frendzzzz I decided that the plural of Platonic was PLATONICS as in my world a wordcan mean what I want them to mean - so you can shove your PLATO where the sun does not shine as you know what I was attempting to do - anyone ever told you that being too grown up is just not good for anyone?

It was an attempt to wake up the dead to celebrate how wonderful it is to be alive - spoil-sport – pouring cold water over my creation.

So thinking of a future fell before the idea got out the door.

This woke me from my nearly dead to laughing out loud thanks Blackjack
NeverSayNever
NeverSayNever Female
5 months ago
This was written on another thread by one of the perverse members of mse.

I think most members have blocked due to his abuse. Would any logical and sane person continue to converse to a person who is being rude and abusive even if he makes an occasional good point.
Do you keep up friendly banter with someone slapping you round the head?

You should be thankful that someone is slapping you round the head. Pleased they are educating you. Jack doesn't need you as much as you need him.
Blackjack
Blackjack Male
5 months ago
So the suggestion of a g GRAND MEET UP WEEKEND has been ignored????

What about - Planning a love inn – might it be time to think of panning something better than this suspension in the void of what I call posibilities?

I suggested the WOMEN SET the agenda

So people instead of pretendingto be friends on this site, could see how tall, short, fat, thin, accent, funny, sad, serious, idiotic, we actually all are in REALITY!!!

Its a suggestion - something to ponder - sometime later in the year, somewhere nice, someone cheap - maybe helping people sleep over, so more can be included - the rich can slum it in posh places, the not so flush can still be included.

Help with conversations