Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What in a

Profile would tempt you to message a person lol

1234Next Last

eurostar
eurostar Female
5 months ago
For me the words
I live in liverpool would do lol
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
Single, got a pulse.
Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
5 months ago
If they said they enjoyed snoring. ;-))
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
Actually, I'm a bit more selective than that, but I try not to have too many preconceived notions about people that I haven't met.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
5 months ago
someone that says i have a great sense of humour and it was actually true, :)
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
or do you mean someone that actually gets your jokes, capn?
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
5 months ago
either or minnie, people can either laugh at themselves or cant :)
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
Humour is very personal though, isn't it? The stuff that other folks are getting all het up about are often the things that are making me laugh.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
5 months ago
Rich, widow, dicky ticker...
Blackjack
Blackjack Male
5 months ago
One grain of common sense - and not al the boring crap about what you like doing when one their own w- family is important to me bollocks!! who need to be told its bleeding obvious like not into one night stands - why are people so dam insecure - do they have to scream it?

WHy do people want relationships? THe moronic males on this sire to expercise their brains - which seem to reside in their trousers - who have gathered as much knowledge about women as they know about the dark side of the moon.

YOU never know who or want anyhing is is - its all trisl and errorr to begin with - but if it makes tthem laugh instead of feeling awkward then let the children play. Women KNOW what the moronic males THINK they want - actually most want a substitite mother, so if not into being with sex pest, get a pet sheep and call it Mary or something, which wnen not engaged can munch the lawn.

My fear is finding someone likes me, very scarey - end of world I please myself all the time- welcome to world in which she is centre and I am just in my own world circling her, as males are emotionally retarded innit!
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
5 months ago
much ado about nothing mary,
i think its hilarious,
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
Nerdy or geeky, multiple similar interests, artistic, creative, free spirited, left wing politics.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
Left wing politics. lol those are in pretty short supply amongst the posters of MSE; left of centre even. If MSE were a political ward, it would be considered a Tory safe seat.
Pixiefluff
Pixiefluff Female
5 months ago
True that MTM!

I think maybe green fingers, too as I have an interest in growing, and making cool stuff with our produce so anyone who's into that gets my interest, can chat swap tips all of that.
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
5 months ago
I get a "feeling" when I read a profile. If he sounds relaxed and good humoured I might be tempted.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
5 months ago
i get a feeling too andromeda, usually below the waist if i see a good picture,
even the scammers wont message me,lol
Sea
Sea Female
5 months ago
An interesting well written profile that may contain many of the things that I enjoy doing. It is good to have plenty of conversation openers in which to reply to. It kind of gives an instant connection, if you can converse on a very similar wavelength regarding shared interests., likes, dislikes, etc.
Samx
Samx Male
5 months ago
Female, similar age, within a 40 mile radius, articulated a sense of humour.
MrQuiet
MrQuiet Male
5 months ago
Initial attraction would be the photo.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
5 months ago
If MSE were a political ward,

If MSE were any ward at all, it would be a psychiatric one....
Molly
Molly Female
5 months ago
I get a "feeling" when I read a profile. If he sounds relaxed and good humoured I might be tempted.

A good feeling and a pleasant looking face are a good combination.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
5 months ago
If she had written "Looking for older, moody guy with no money! - I would think I had a chance.
Hierophant
Hierophant Male
5 months ago
Initial attraction would be the photo.

Says the dopey bloke with no picture....
RAACH84
RAACH84 Female
5 months ago
I'd hate to think all the guys on here without photos are dopey hehe.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
5 months ago
All of them is an overstatement, I agree. Though sometimes you don't need to think things, the evidence speaks for itself.

1234Next Last

Help with conversations